• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Y pipes and copper exhaust donuts

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
Aside from durability anyone have this setup and notice any added performance or sound. I'm looking at Excell for the y pipes stainless and also MRBR or whatever the make is on Ebay. Ebay is cheaper any difference between the 2 really. Any one with any of this information would be greatly appreciated thanks!

I ordered a set of Y pipes from MBRP yesterday, the good news is they are in Ontario, and they should be arriving here in Prescott any minute. They look like they are a very nice set of stainless pipes. I,ll take some pics and let you know how they fit later to-day, or tomorrow morning. They seem to claim a bit of HP and torque as well as a deeper, throatier sound as well. My original stock left pipe broke at the flange, but the right titanium pipe is in great shape. I,ve got it for sale on KIJIJI. Any idea of what the local Yamaha dealers want for a set of their y pipes ? The MBRP pipes list for 399.00, I think Accell are around 550. What makes them worth almost 33 % more ?

I know excel has a dyno chart showing an across the board increase of a pony or two with just their headers. However, I dont think an average person can feel a 2 HP increase on a butt-dyno. Having said that I've had the copper donuts and excel headers on for about 500 miles now or so and I did notice a slight change in the sound, its a bit throatier (is that a word?)

Absolutely its a word! and thank you I would like to see some picks of MRBR please that would be helpful and perhaps a review of what you think. At this point I'm leaning toward Excell but the funds are on the low side at the moment...I saw stock Y pipes 300 for the set on eBay if that is any help. Thanks guys this information is helpful.

Why are you leaning towards Excell ? Are your original ones broken ? If not, I would wait til they break, cause they will. I,ve got about 5500 miles on my 07 Apex, and one of mine broke last week-end.

im not sure what makes the excell headers cost more than the MBRP ones. They look fairly similar from the pics on the websites. Excell has excellent customer service, and dyno charts to back up their claims of performance. I'm not biased either way, thats just what I see.

Excell/MBRP
img0074.png
3120000.jpg

For what its worth, the dyno chart:
wwb_img15.jpg

Looks like the MBRP ones have some extra bracing to keep them from vibrating and causing wear. My MBRP ones should be here any minute. I hate waiting for stuff to arrive. LOL
Pipes just arrived @ 3.45. MBRP are an awesome company that got the product out fast.
Pipes are a work of art. To bad they are going to be buried under the tunnel and seat.
Hey Murse, if you want some pictures of them, send me an email address I can send them to.
I don,t know how to post them on here, but they look like chrome, and just like the picture posted above comparing the 2 products. Now I,m heading out to instal them. :4STroke:

#1APEXRIDER said:
Why are you leaning towards Excell ? Are your original ones broken ? If not, I would wait til they break, cause they will. I,ve got about 5500 miles on my 07 Apex, and one of mine broke last week-end.

as stated excell seems to advertise better just a gut feeling plus they are more expensive which would mean better stainless steel no? My y pipes are busted to hell leaking everywhere tried to patch but no luck so time to replace.

Hey Murse, I just got back from a 70km trip thru bush and nice flat fields, and I,ve got to tell you, these MBRP headers are awesome. Even thou it,s a mild day, I ,ve got lots of snap, and I swear these pipes get ride of most of the dreaded drone that appears when trail riding around 50 KPH. The pipes fit perfect and there may be a we bit deeper sound, but they are awesome. Cost me 465.55, shipped right to my door, and they got here in 2 days. I ordered them Monday morning, and they got here Tuesday afternoon. Cann,t beat that. I am 100 % pleased with the product, and the service.
If you want to hear them, bring your sled up to Prescott, and we can go riding from here.

haha sounds good gotta fix it first and with this hot weather I think ridding is done for a while. But I will most likely take you up on that ride. Thanks for the review I called my dealer and ordered Yamaha genuine stainless y pipes 280$ for the pair says be here by Friday. I'm on a budget and I like the way my sled performs I just want to ride. So we'll see if these do any difference plus I got copper donuts from sledtoyz. I'll get it back together at least it will be much more durable and hopefully I won't have to get anything else for the sled this season.

I will post a report on the performance gains ( if any ) with the oem stainless pipes. Anyone have oem stainless pipes and notice a difference?

So Sled repaired went for a 300 km ride yesterday and doing another 200km's after work today. Yesterday I don't notice much more performance with the stainless oem pipes but the sled sure is quieter and sounds sweeter for sure! love it again:) I did notice 1 back fire and 1 spit but I think the copper donuts were settling because it didn't do it again that day or since. Did the stall test and sled stalled right out. Rode awesome all day hard packed trails. Now I ride with a 2012 800r etec he gets ridiculous fuel mileage. Stopped for fuel we were 1 liter apart I used 1 more liter than he did! This is great news love the sled again and I'll be ridding hopefully problem free for the rest of the season.

Back