• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust donuts

genosis

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
1992 yamaha venture480
2009 yamaha venture mp
To check the exhaust donuts you have to remove seats but do you have to remove the gas tank?

To check the exhaust donuts you simply start it up, warm it up, and then see if it stalls when you cover/seal the exhaust with a rag. No harder than that.

I got a slight miss when travelling slow but give her the throttle amd she runs awesome with no miss or hesitation and not showing any codes. Will try plugging exhaust to check donuts.Thanks.

Yep block off the exhaust but no big deal if you have to get into them I have the tank and seat down to 10 minutes. Got lots of practice checking my Gearbox Servo.

Yep block off the exhaust but no big deal if you have to get into them I have the tank and seat down to 10 minutes. Got lots of practice checking my Gearbox Servo.

Hey yammer veteran! I'm a new owner of a Venture MP, and I've searched for videos or a guide of how to remove the seat/tank, but without any success. Is it a straight forward job? The exhaust donuts seems to be pretty clear to me but removing seat and tank is not as clear. How many bolts hold the seat and are they are visible? Thanks in advance, (I've even started a thread about this)

If you have the rear seat you first have to remove the plastic trim, think it's 4 10mm screws then two bolts of 12mm to remove the rear seat. The front seat is two 12mm bolts on the side of the front seat plus three plugs in's for lights and stuff. The tank is held on with two nuts and a couple of fuel and vent lines one with a locking clip and a couple of plug in's for the pump and gauge. Forgot to mention the side and painted body panel on top which has to be removed thinking six 10mm. You also have to pull off the gromet on the gas fill unplug the ignition and power plugin. You will need to use force but it won't break. The tank has to be lifted at the rear and pulled back. Sounds intense but after the first time a breeze. Good time to check the spark plugs. Have fun.

If you have the rear seat you first have to remove the plastic trim, think it's 4 10mm screws then two bolts of 12mm to remove the rear seat. The front seat is two 12mm bolts on the side of the front seat plus three plugs in's for lights and stuff. The tank is held on with two nuts and a couple of fuel and vent lines one with a locking clip and a couple of plug in's for the pump and gauge. Forgot to mention the side and painted body panel on top which has to be removed thinking six 10mm. You also have to pull off the gromet on the gas fill unplug the ignition and power plugin. You will need to use force but it won't break. The tank has to be lifted at the rear and pulled back. Sounds intense but after the first time a breeze. Good time to check the spark plugs. Have fun.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. This sounds like a job to do when the season is over =) Spark plugs are replaced a month ago. But no idea when or if the donuts are replaced. Only thing I got it a small amount of steam or exhaust coming from the gap between side panel and the tank. I think it only shows up if I reverse, so maybe it could be snow from the track hitting something hot when reversing. Not sure, but I want to replace the donuts with copper ones anyway.

By the way, do you know if it's the same donuts as in the Phazer? Can't find specific versions for the Venture.

They are the same donuts so should not be an issue. I have 11,000 km and on the original donuts and no leak yet though have had steam on a couple of occasions. While you have it apart might be an idea to remove the servo and check the reverse levers and gears for lubrication. There are a couple of good posts on checking it out.

Back