• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exit shock disassembly

dremmick

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
How do I remove the bushings in the shock eyelet in order to remove spring color? It's plastic of some kind

Attachments

• IMG_6675.JPG
    IMG_6675.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6676.JPG
    IMG_6676.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 67

usually when they are like that, they are split in the middle so that they come out the side with the shoulder.

They are split but there stuck in there pretty good don't want to gouge them by pulling them out.

well the other option is to soak them in a good penetrating oil and twist them out with vice grips after they sit for a bit. i usually use a punch in the split in the middle to get one side out. then i flip the punch over and knock the other one out. i then use a file on the one i used the small end on to get the sleve to go through properly when i re-install them. the mark being in the middle never hurts and is not visible as there is enough support on the rest of the bushing.

Thanks for you help! I was able to lightly tap the outside with hammer enough to pry between the bushing and the eyelet.

Back