• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Expert X big hit shocks

bjowett

Lifetime Member
Hmmmm, how about a sneak peak.

ebayking_054_0.jpg

Details... finally found a Fox Float that is short enough to work in the X skid. 14.25" extended, or about .5" longer than stock. Compressed length is 10.25, though it would take one helluva hit to get all 4" out of them. These will shave a good chunk of weight. They'll also allow the removal of the anti bottom torsion springs. Machining the adaptors to bolt em' in should be simple enough.

Let us know when you have them installed. What the shock model number is and what you exactly had to do. I'm very interested in this mod. I love my floats on the front of my sled, this would be a nice addition.

-Vince

makes you wonder why fox hasent made air shocks for all of the late model rear skids, pro no action sc 2 etc. they would make a killing and every skid would loose weight.

Part number is 950-50-041 on the shock, the box lists the number as 850-50-041. They are intended for the 97 - 00(01) Polaris Indy based sleds. I will get around to trial fitting them asap.... so wait before you buy them!

bjowett said:
Part number is 950-50-041 on the shock, the box lists the number as 850-50-041. They are intended for the 97 - 00(01) Polaris Indy based sleds. I will get around to trial fitting them asap.... so wait before you buy them!

Ahhh...Good Ole' Yankee ingenuity. I was going to post if anyone knew of an A/M shock for the X, looks like you found one.

Anybody that deals fox shocks should be able to get them.. There was a dealer on ebay last year who had very good deals on them... I'll see if I can dig him up. I snagged this set on ebay last week from a different guy. If you find them under $400 for a set new, you are doing good, most will want in $500 - $600 range.

Back