• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

extra wheels

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
Is there a Yamaha part number yet for extra skid wheels or are people using the A/C number? How many wheels are you adding and where are you putting them? A/C has kit for 2 wheels or 8!!!

isnt there a dupont slide option too? that should solve the problem with even less drag and more durability?

I got the arctic cat wheels. Comes with 2 wheels, mounts and hardware. There are holes in the rails that u fasten the mounts to. Don't have the part number anymore but u can get them online or through a cat dealer. Be sure you get the wheels that measure 5.63". At least that's what mine were for ltx. And yes DuPont slides I'm sure will help a lot. Waiting for my set to come in and hopefully between them and the wheels it eliminates all drag

I believe that the 2 5.63 wheel set is #6639-184 Arctic Cat

Please take some pictures like to see where they are place thanks.

Here u go.

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 354
Please take some pictures like to see where they are place thanks.

Haha Barry, Now I need to see my chiropractor from tilting my head.... LOL!

My apologies to whoever owns that picture lol my phone seems to do strange things at times. These wheels certainly helped judging by the riding I did today. I will be getting another set tomorrow and put them right in front of my rear outside wheels. Keep in mind I have the 4th wheel kit as well which helps too. I'm also gonna try to make a set of the yamaha low snow wheel kits work for the front of the rails on the bend. After all that is done and the DuPont slides go on the sled should roll tremendously better! Even tho it doesn't feel like it, this chassis is prone to a lot of slide rail drag. Ask any one of the procross guys that are into racing. Extra wheels is critical on these. The fact that the rear suspension is so stiff does not help either as that creates more pressure on the track/rail contact ultimately slowing you down.

I have a four wheel kit and I'm going to throw 4 more wheels at it and DuPont hyfax. That should help. Cause I feel it sticking from time to time. I also have a 1.6 lug track so I'm getting less lubrication than most with a 1.25 lug.

Back