• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Falling rpms

jlinstruth

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha sidewinder ltx se
Got 2 inches of snow so I was out trying to dial clutching in today. Only mod is a excell mod/stock muffler. After 50 different set ups all giving same basic results, I am looking for advice. Every set up up shifts aggressive to 89-9200 then falls back to 84-8500 where is stays for 1000 ft, some would fall as far 8250. Now with everything stock except muffler it's flat at 8550 forever.

Got 2 inches of snow so I was out trying to dial clutching in today. Only mod is a excell mod/stock muffler. After 50 different set ups all giving same basic results, I am looking for advice. Every set up up shifts aggressive to 89-9200 then falls back to 84-8500 where is stays for 1000 ft, some would fall as far 8250. Now with everything stock except muffler it's flat at 8550 forever.
to much tip weight !!! take at least 3g out

Stock weight, stock primary spring, stock 35 helix, stock secondary spring.
Acted the same with aftermarket clutching

Sled is 2017 ltx se

Get some miles on it so it breaks in. These engines are pretty tight new. Your rpms should come up then.

Did you run the sled with the stock exhaust first? Rpms?

What did u try for aftermarket clutching? I'd move some weight from the tip to the heel. Try again and see where you are at.

Only change one thing at a time and write everything down. Changing more than one thing at a time will make you chase your tail.

Yes, rpms before mod seemed fine, yes bought at excel, and for clutching we always write everything down, change one thing at a time. My real question is if anyone has needed fuel with the muffler mods. The sled really seems like its running out of fuel on top, seen same thing with modded skidoos ive had.

Well we rode with two 0 km Sidewinders last week and fom first start up to last run they both got more rpm and top speed as the day went on. I also experianced this with mine when new.I bielieve you need a little more miles and time. It will lossen up.

Yes, rpms before mod seemed fine, yes bought at excel, and for clutching we always write everything down, change one thing at a time. My real question is if anyone has needed fuel with the muffler mods. The sled really seems like its running out of fuel on top, seen same thing with modded skidoos ive had.
Then it must be the muffler mod that is the problem.

There are only a few mufflers out there that don't need more fuel. Can't imagine a stock muffler mod not needing more fuel.

My bone stock 2017 LTX-LE ran 9000 RPM last year from start to finish with 100% stock clutching after broke in.

Back