• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fast m-20 not moving/binding

yamahatd

Expert
I installed a 136" Fast m-20 on my 07 Apex RTX. I followed the instructions and the skid mounted with out issue. I cannot get the skid to move and Brian at Team Fast seems to think it is binding up some how and offered some tips to locate the problem. I plan to perform the recommendations and wanted to throw out a post to see if anyone else with this skid had the same problems. As always thanks for any input. ;)!

I am running between 25-30psi in the front and 50-60psi in the backto, so Idon't think it's the psi. I plan to remove the skid and re-install over the weekend and hope I find the problem. I hoped this skid would be the best ridding thing I ever rode, but as of now is rides like #*$&@! :o|

yamahatd said:
I am running between 25-30psi in the front and 50-60psi in the backto, so Idon't think it's the psi. I plan to remove the skid and re-install over the weekend and hope I find the problem. I hoped this skid would be the best ridding thing I ever rode, but as of now is rides like #*$&@! :o|

For troubleshooting purposes, maybe back pressures off a bunch to help see what's going on? Loosening the track up may be a good plan as well.

I know the M-10's, when installed per directions, would tighten the track as the springs compressed....

Ahicks thanks for the reply the track is per instructions and pretty loose. I have a new track it it stretched quite a bit during the first few hundred miles and i rode for probably 50miles with it very loose and it didn't seem to make a difference. Brian at Fast said to loosen the mounting bolts at the front first and then move to the back. He said only do one thing at a time so you can narrow down the cause. Sounds good, let's see if it works. ;)!

i weigth 185 with out gear.i ride hard my set up is 40 in the front around 60 ish in the rear that depenese on the trail condition like bumps. the limiter strap bolt is 3/4 the way in. the track has 1/2 inch of sag in it.

I weigh 210 w/o gear and ride hard as well. Lots of rough trails in the East. When I can get the skid to move I will play around with the settings to get to where I like. Thanks!

I do have it set to Fast specs....1/2" free sag. I'll post what I find after I figure this out. thanks again for input :Rockon:

Well it seems that a combination of loosing up the track and locking bracket at the rear cross shaft did the trick. I was able to fully compress the skid with out air, which I was unable to do before. Brain and all that suggested loosing the track were correct. Thank you as always for your advise.

We are leaving for the County on Thursday and I hope the M-20 is all I hoped for. ;)!

the locking bracket is the aluminum piece that mounts to the right side of the rear cross shaft. It has a knock out to fit the end of the shaft. The installation instructions outline this and it has a cetain way to be lined up. I'll check back in if this doesn't work. Thanks again! ;)!

Back