• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Favorite Western UP/Northern WI Destinations or Trails

BryKlu

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Vector LTX GT
Hey all...

I have been exploring the Western UP and Northern WI from my home in Presque Isle this year. I went to Superior Falls, Saxon Falls, Bond Falls, Agate Falls, Lake of the Clouds, Lake Gogebic so far. I've spend a lot of time on forest roads and the main rail grade trails. I am wondering what are some of your favorite places to visit or trails to ride on? I am planning on visiting the ice bridge to Madeline Island from Bayfield if it opens up this year. I may trailer later in the season but I'd rather venture out from home for now. 200+ mile weekend days have been standard. Just curious...Thanks guys! :)

I moved here in August. It is a great location being you can do Northern Wisconsin (if the snow is good) and the UP. I am just wondering if anyone knows any destinations that made them really enjoy the day instead of just riding trails randomly. Like, why go to Ontonagon? Any cool flowages, lakes, or river runs that stand out? I don't even know which lake chains may be ride-able straight through. That may be cool. I did Lake of the clouds on a cloudy day so I'll definitely have to give it a go on a sunny day. Below is a link to some pics of my season so far. I have seen four wolves in the Ottawa :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uWaznXP73eFaV2hG3

you have to at least do Keweenaw county especially copper harbor area take the bridge over in Houghton that whole area is nice and always has great trails and scenery especially the trail that runs along Brockway mountain nice views as it is one of the highest points in the area and you get a nice view of Copper Harbor below. Just one of the things to seehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brockway_Mountain_Drive

Last edited:
Hey all...

I have been exploring the Western UP and Northern WI from my home in Presque Isle this year. I went to Superior Falls, Saxon Falls, Bond Falls, Agate Falls, Lake of the Clouds, Lake Gogebic so far. I've spend a lot of time on forest roads and the main rail grade trails. I am wondering what are some of your favorite places to visit or trails to ride on? I am planning on visiting the ice bridge to Madeline Island from Bayfield if it opens up this year. I may trailer later in the season but I'd rather venture out from home for now. 200+ mile weekend days have been standard. Just curious...Thanks guys! :)
Presque Isle used to be one of my favorite destinations. Would start out in land o lakes and head that way.
Did Madeline island once. Wasn't impressed

Back