• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FINALLY, A YAMAHA RUMOR!!

Mystic Viking

Hey Guys look what I just found on supertrax mag.

(11/15/2006)
We remember when it was tough to dig up a rumor about a Yama-rocket. Not any more! Look for model year 2008 (that’s next year) to intro a radically re-engineered Vector chassis.

We think Yamaha will do to the Vector what it did to the RX-1 two years ago when it morphed into the Apex. Look for the debut of a new rider forward ergonomic package with a shortened hood similar to the Apex.

Clearly the Big Y is not content to sit still these days and with everything else in its camp becoming rider forward in design, the rider-over-tunnel Vector has to be next in line to get an update.

We don’t think the engine - probably the best 4-stroke mill in the industry right now, will change much except for the possible addition of EFI.

I hope they keep a conventional (rider over tunnel) design and just add a centralized mass version of the Vector. Rider forward is a bitch on the knees if you have issues with them at all. Sold my Rev because of this and bought a Vector for above reason.

I'm with 06Vector GT. Don't rider forward the Vector. Just because everbody else is doing it doesn't make it right, even though it results in more sales.

Now that I think of it that is exactly what they will do!

Vector GT all the way

I hope that they at least continue to offer a vector in the sit down position without cramping the knees. Many of us do not like the rider forward position, and the vector fits us perfectly in its current chassis...

I love my Rage but unless I put padding in the seat or bought a seat from a Nytro I found the seating position too low and put a lot of pressure on my hips. I bought an Attak and find it to be much more comfortable for me. Next year we will be snow checking a new Rage and I hope it is more rider forward like the Attak/ Apex.

Back