• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally - Look Ou Weenie Roast Here I Come

Glad to hear it's ready to rock! We'r about 1 hour away from Lakewoods right now. Will unpack and hit the trails for the rest of the day (hopefully. ) Then take in under the lights racing tonight.
Will keep an eye open for you Yamadog. Trail sleds are Yamaha and cats. Bro's race sleds are Doos (purple-700 improved and custom wrapped 800.)

Well what a mess there was 2 separate races on the same lake same weekend. I went to Lakewood and unload 1 pm Friday worked on sleds for an hour then went looking for registration only to find out they had no races friday night. So I loaded back up and headed over to 4 seasons for the night races. It was a snow track and it was loaded with bikeman pro stuff.

We had called to review the rules and Ulmer finished the sled to spec problem was it was Lakewoods rules for Saturday and 4 seasons did not allow strapping down so I had 10 minutes to remove front and rear chains.. I also entered the 15 and paid a guys entrance fee to run it and before he went to the line I saw it had broke the outside wheel off the turbo dynamics 4 wheel kit and the inner hub was under supported and had to scratch the sled. That is the 3rd time I snapped the bolt off and lost a wheel on those and will be going back to a 2 wheel setup.

Friday night was brutal the out laws ran 1st and chewed up the track they never groomed the start. I drew first pair. I had no help going to the line and under the lights you could not see the trenches from the out laws and ended up half on and half off the trench 10" drop.

I hit the stutter dropped the hammer and with the suspension un chained it lifted the front end 3' and turned right and I was done.

I cleaned up a few things and took several practice launches to get the sleds new launch Manors had dinner and went to sleep in my truck on the lake. I got up at 5 and tried to find any team with an easy out to fix the 15 but no luck.

I met a few TY members from Iowa and talked 1 with a viper with hurricane into racing at 12 #'s. I loaned him the $100 entrance fee We went back to my trailer and pumped out his tank and I gave him 5 gals of 110 race fuel and he left too try a few practice runs on the test track.

I was running in king of the trail and 1000cc turbo classes. 1000cc went first again I drew 1st race right after the out laws. This time the Iowa boys helped me line up but the sled really needs some work on hookup I made a very fast pass but was still throwing a rooster tail at the finish and lost to a pro on bikeman Cat by several sled legnths.

Last race was king of the trail this time I lined up with another bikeman prepped Cat. Hit the stutter and the flashlight starter jerked his shoulders when he turned the light on and I red lighted by a smidgen, the viper hooked hard pulled the skis 4" and went straight meeting the other guy by at least 3 sleds but rules are the rules and I knew I was done but also hooked.

I should have gone to Lakewoods for Saturday on the ice track but the competition was better here and I wanted a test for this sled.

It is competitive and has another 20 to 30 hp to give but I need it to hook up 1st.

Thanks for all the support from the TY guys at the track. :sled1:

Yamadog nice that you got finely run your sled sounds like it will great when you get dialed in

Last edited:
Well what a mess there was 2 separate races on the same lake same weekend. I went to Lakewood and unload 1 pm Friday worked on sleds for an hour then went looking for registration only to find out they had no races friday night. So I loaded back up and headed over to 4 seasons for the night races. It was a snow track and it was loaded with bikeman pro stuff.

We had called to review the rules and Ulmer finished the sled to spec problem was it was Lakewoods rules for Saturday and 4 seasons did not allow strapping down so I had 10 minutes to remove front and rear chains.. I also entered the 15 and paid a guys entrance fee to run it and before he went to the line I saw it had broke the outside wheel off the turbo dynamics 4 wheel kit and the inner hub was under supported and had to scratch the sled. That is the 3rd time I snapped the bolt off and lost a wheel on those and will be going back to a 2 wheel setup.

Friday night was brutal the out laws ran 1st and chewed up the track they never groomed the start. I drew first pair. I had no help going to the line and under the lights you could not see the trenches from the out laws and ended up half on and half off the trench 10" drop.

I hit the stutter dropped the hammer and with the suspension un chained it lifted the front end 3' and turned right and I was done.

I cleaned up a few things and took several practice launches to get the sleds new launch Manors had dinner and went to sleep in my truck on the lake. I got up at 5 and tried to find any team with an easy out to fix the 15 but no luck.

I met a few TY members from Iowa and talked 1 with a viper with hurricane into racing at 12 #'s. I loaned him the $100 entrance fee We went back to my trailer and pumped out his tank and I gave him 5 gals of 110 race fuel and he left too try a few practice runs on the test track.

I was running in king of the trail and 1000cc turbo classes. 1000cc went first again I drew 1st race right after the out laws. This time the Iowa boys helped me line up but the sled really needs some work on hookup I made a very fast pass but was still throwing a rooster tail at the finish and lost to a pro on bikeman Cat by several sled legnths.

Last race was king of the trail this time I lined up with another bikeman prepped Cat. Hit the stutter and the flashlight starter jerked his shoulders when he turned the light on and I red lighted by a smidgen, the viper hooked hard pulled the skis 4" and went straight meeting the other guy by at least 3 sleds but rules are the rules and I knew I was done but also hooked.

I should have gone to Lakewoods for Saturday on the ice track but the competition was better here and I wanted a test for this sled.

It is competitive and has another 20 to 30 hp to give but I need it to hook up 1st.

Thanks for all the support from the TY guys at the track. :sled1:

Yamadog, sorry for the luck. Would have liked to help out, but the splitting of the races at different resorts was a raw deal. We were there for the speed runs; therefore at Lakewoods all day. At awards now actually. Hopefully, next year they can work together better and not have such a cluster. Trail riding on Friday was great. Racing today was good overall. The team took home some hardware (good) and a broken chaincase (not so good. )

Yes the splitting of the event was a mess I was going to try to make both on Saturday but the drag sled would have required 3 tanks of gas to cross the lake each way plus the gas to make the runs. And to load the trailer and drive over would have taken too long.

I have the trail tank and may put it back on so I can cross a lake. The 1 gallon tank is only good for 2 passes on the track. She is quite the thirsty one.

My friends Ski-Don't get worse mileage though he only got 1 mile in 10 gallons on Friday night. Brand new wear bars, studs, and rebuilt all shocks last week.

IMG954285.jpg

My friends Ski-Don't get worse mileage though he only got 1 mile in 10 gallons on Friday night. Brand new wear bars, studs, and rebuilt all shocks last week.

View attachment 138765[/QUOTE]
Holy $h!t. That's a bad day right there!

View attachment 138765
Holy $h!t. That's a bad day right there![/QUOTE]

You wo0uld think but it was an 09 with 6,000 miles on it and West Bend gave him $13,500 He already bought a 2018 and had money to swap the track.

Worse part was my trailer is about 2' out of the frame in front of it and had all 3 of my sleds loaded and the tank was full then the fire burned a hole in the tank and all the gas flowed under my trailer and I had no way to move it because it was parked in. Luckily The owner of the Walleye had a Bobcat and dumped snow on the gas to put it out.

Got any footage of it running?
Helmet Cam only I will upload it later today. I had both the contour and the hero 4 there but forgot to get the hero out to get someone to video it. Too many things going through your head at the time I even forgot to record the last race I ran.

I
Helmet Cam only I will upload it later today. I had both the contour and the hero 4 there but forgot to get the hero out to get someone to video it. Too many things going through your head at the time I even forgot to record the last race I ran.
bet you didn’t forget Jack did ya?

Back