• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally made it to the game...

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Been out of town for the last four years. But an avid member & reader of TY.
Got to work on the sidewinder and this is where I'm at....
Turbo Dynamics jukebox Eco, PT, M16 stock muffler. (For now)
*Update* pm tunes & performance muffler added
Turbosmart bov
Plugs gapped to .020
Snub shaft fixed to output shaft
Clutches aligned 57.6+mm
Stock primary torqued to 110/60 finish. Dalton Qay-70
Stock secondary , 35° helix w/cat rollers & Dalton B/O V2 wrapped at 6/2
8jp (for now) & XS825
Axle saver @ 30lbs
DMC 21t top gear
Chain Tensioner bolts secured
Track tension: zero sag
Stock 1.25 track w/144 1.5" Studboy
Cat HD center spring w/ transfer bar removed.
4/wheel rear axle
*Rov delete*
*Intake spacer mod*
*Insulated fuse box wires*
Drilled (red) elbow on top of fuel tank.
Dumped intercooler (1/4 cup of goop)
All bearings engine,drive, jack, boogies, packed.
This is all from reading & following advice from the forum & talking with a couple group members.
If there's something I've overlooked or other suggestions, please leave a comment.
Ty....I hope we all enjoy an amazing season..... Joe

IMG_20221205_093630568_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Last edited:

Ya, you can make that up yourself, you can get 5/8" fuel line at the auto parts store or Amazon and a u bend in copper at Menards or any plumbing shop. I typically just loop the hose up and over and down to the running board as long as you have hose that doesn't kink it will be fine.

Don't use heater hose as it will deteriorate because its not meant for oil. For years I just used that braided reinforced clear tubing bought at the farm store, last year went to the black oil friendly fuel hose from Amazon as the clear one was getting a bit stiff the exhaust was making the end just a bit crispy and burned looking, would still be fine but I elected to change it out.

Ya, you can make that up yourself, you can get 5/8" fuel line at the auto parts store or Amazon and a u bend in copper at Menards or any plumbing shop. I typically just loop the hose up and over and down to the running board as long as you have hose that doesn't kink it will be fine.

Don't use heater hose as it will deteriorate because its not meant for oil. For years I just used that braided reinforced clear tubing bought at the farm store, last year went to the black oil friendly fuel hose from Amazon as the clear one was getting a bit stiff the exhaust was making the end just a bit crispy and burned looking, would still be fine but I elected to change it out.
You just saved me another headache, as I was looking at heater hose.
Fuel line 5/8 id
Rubber plug 3/8 id

Thank you.... Joe

Well done, Joe. You did your homework, and it will pay off with a reliable rocket for trail riding. One thing I feel is often overlooked is the suspension. Not saying your shock package is bad but it's very limited on a SE.

Well done, Joe. You did your homework, and it will pay off with a reliable rocket for trail riding. One thing I feel is often overlooked is the suspension. Not saying your shock package is bad but it's very limited on a SE.
Thank you, DennyTuna. I'm very confident that I've been given the correct direction by the group here on TY.
In regards to shocks, while we all want to ride the very best ride we can, I've found entry level semi worn out suspension to be my favorite. Lol!
In years past, diving in the corners, and lack of stability, track coming around, made it right for me. Not so much today, but it's all I know.
When the XP800 came to lite, I quickly jumped on that, with the HPG shocks, no less.
The upright seating position brought me back to life.
So, 3yrs go by and I decided I wanted to upgrade to the KYB adjustable. As that was the shock to have. So I was able to buy a complete set (new take offs) bring them to Goodwin Performance to revalve respring for my weight & riding style.
I remember thinking to myself, "parking lot superstar" lol...I hated it. Could never figure it out, why was I so confident with the old suspension and the new suspension is having me second guess everything. Honestly switched back to the HPG's and lived happily ever after.
Sorry so long, but Picasso took days to get his view of things across.

Last edited:
At 5/8" sag, track too loose?
Thanks for the read!! I'm not sure I understand exactly what he's saying. I watched a video someone posted from PEFI saying 1/2" sag in center of track. I could give her a little more tension, I suppose. I'm probably closer to 9/16" I'll double check it.
Side note: I remember tensioning my track to 1/2" last season. And by the end of the year it turned into 1.5". I was shocked to see how much these tracks stretch. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it.
Thanks turboflash

Back