• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally ,, the 1st ride !

FrostyNutz said:
Just back from the dealer ... these new owners really know how to take care of the customer !!

They couldn't believe they were worn like that already . He will be calling the rep today to address his concerns ,, and mine. He said don't worry about it for now ,,, here is a set of scratchers FREE OF CHARGE and expect a call from us in the next few days with a better solution and new hyfax for your sled. I suggested a big wheel kit vs the extra wheels and he agreed ,,whatever it takes was his words . That's good business in my book !!

Yamaha part # SMA-ICESC-01-ST

Frosty, are you in Ontario or another province?
Just curious on the dealer's name if he is located in Ont?

Very stiff ! They have to provide some added snow spray imo.

I'm in NFLD. on the West coast

I have those...they don't work well. They pivot up to the point of not touching the ground after riding at high speeds over bumps. They do provide good spray when they are down though.

Damn, another strike ! Thanks for posting your review ,, that's what makes this site great. Good or bad it's the info we need :)

Well,, thanks to Crewchief47's ski mount idea I got inspired today. I searched all over town for cheap springs and something to use as a spacer. No luck so I changed my original plan and picked up a set of Kimpex part # 101310 scratchers. I also found 2 of the hardest bolts I could find and a couple lock nuts.

I think this will work pretty good ! They fit snug and tight on the ski in storage position,,thanks to a pilot hole for insurance. They can still rotate around if I do forget them while backing up,, although they will probably bend or break first unless i'm in deep snow. The nut presses the spring together making them stiff to rotate so I don't think they will drop if I get any air. It isn't as sleek looking as it would be if they were shorter but i'm going to try them like this for now. I like the scratcher postion vs closer to the spindle.

Yay ir Nay ?

Cool! But does this add un-wanted(or wanted) pressure to the back of the ski? Maybe a fix for darting also, who knows until you try them. Love the pics Frosty. :pics: Put some type of reminder on your reverse lever, I had a bungie on my 2006 that went over my handle, never bent scratchers again, as long as I remembered to engage bungie that is. ;)!

I picked up some scratchers from a company in quebec, ill post some pics, thick rubber cable with almost a stud on the end that mounts on your rails and is completely flexible

YOUR SKI SCRATCHERS ARE VERY IN DESIGN AND PRINCIPLE TO ONE WE HOMEMADE. WHEN YOU WILL TEST IT, HAVE SOMEONE LOOK WHILE RIDING BESIDE TO SEE IF SNOW AND ICE HITS THE PAN BESIDE OUR UNDER. IF THE SNOW AND ICE SPRAY UNDER, YOU SHOULD HAVE A WINNER BECAUSE IT THROWS A GOOD AMOUNT OF STUFF. IF IT HITS THE SIDE, THEN IT WONT DO THE JOB. FROM YOUR PICS, IT MIGHT BE LONG INSIDE ENOUGH TO DO THE JOB.

Back