• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finding a used MP

huffduf41

Country
USA
Snowmobile
1983 Yamaha Enticer 300
Hey guys, it’s time to replace my old enticer w/ a MP. I’ve kept on eye on FB, ebay, Craigslist, and snowmobile trader but haven’t seen anything in months. Am I missing any good spots to find a sled? Thanks

Maybe check on dealers' sites for any trade-ins. Don't limit yourself to only Yammy dealers. I bought my GT at a Cat dealer.

all i am seeing is 1 in quebec when i do a nation wide search here in canada on autotrader. heck i only see one venom as well.

seeing about 5 when i search on kijiji.ca nation wide. seen 10 new venoms including 2 new transporter ones.

Welcome to TY.

I have over 14k kms on my MP. Easily over 95 percent of that total is on the lake ice fishing. My sled would not get very far without overheating in the conditions in your photograph. Sliders wouldn't be very happy either. I don't know if those are your typical conditions but I thought I would put that out there for you.

MP's are fairly rare, at least in my area. Facebook would be #1 IMO but cast a wide net, you will find one.

You may also improve your chances if you widen your search to Venture Lites which are MPs with a few tweaks, none of them improvements in my opinion but nothing that negates their utility as ice fishing machines. Do a search and I think you'll find a thread(maybe Mooseman's) that gives the details of the differences. I think the big ones were shocks.

Back