• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finished up...recalls next, then bring on the season.

I never really cared for the standard graphics/color of the FX out of the crate. Decided to go with an all black gimmick and the Hauck GHT-R-Done kit. Now it's off to the dealer next week for the recall and season starts in 3 or so weeks... :Rockon:

Attachments

• 11-16-07 Phazer 002.JPG
    11-16-07 Phazer 002.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 93

Dual Hauck exhaust in the rear, ported the side covers to keep things a little cooler... ;)!

Attachments

• 11-16-07 Phazer 005.JPG
    11-16-07 Phazer 005.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 79
lookz really good! Didn't know they had a dual exhaust. Is it true, like one for each cylinder? either way looks great, I like the black too. :Rockon:

Sled looks great. Now we just need some SNOW.

Thanks for the compliments, it was a fun project. Took it to the dealer this morning. The recall for the steering is new nuts and cotter pins. For snow intrusion into this area, they are putting on a deflector on the top/bottom. Also, torque on the left engine bolt is included. Think that was it...hats off to the dealer for getting the parts, should be done later today or tomorrow.

BTW, while greasing up the skid...noticed the left (as your sitting on the machine) upper idler has a flat spot. Dealer will look at it, see what Yamaha has to say...probably will be blamed on the studs... :ORC

I just replaced both of mine. Warper and warn on an angle.

zook said:
I just replaced both of mine. Warper and warn on an angle.

I think you may be refering to the front lower inner idlers...saw your post on them. They warp pretty fast...not a stud issue.

I will give this to Yamaha and this dealership in particular, I am very impressed. With the quirks of the Phazer, I still love the machine...great engineering by Yamaha. The dealership is top notch, dropped it off this morning...early afternoon done. In addition they replaced the top two inner idlers (rear ones on the spring hanger) due to flat spots...under warranty. They have been great in responding to the issues, maybe not the answer I want immediately...but they take care of their customer.

Thinking about the upper idlers...I think they must have froze (water from the pipe...drip down...freeze) overnight. Then on start up they didn't start turning...check your upper idlers... ;)!

Picked her up an hour or so ago, all the recalls went well. Both the upper rear idlers (8GC-47530-01) were replaced by the dealer and they are going to Yamaha to cover them under warranty. It was not just one flat spot as thought, but multiple flat spots (3 or 4 areas). The thought between the dealer and I is the water from the muffler is getting down into that area and freezing...hanging up the wheels. It is not know if this happens after it sits overnight/lunch or during travel. Word of advice, check your uppers... ;)!

Real pleased with the dealership, this is the way it should be done...they definitely have my next sled purchase. They get you in and out quickly and go that extra step... :Rockon:

Back