• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First car

steiner

Staff member
While we wait for the white gold to cover the ground I figure we could have some fun posting a pic(s) of our first cars.
I will start it off
In 1984 I bought this 68 Chevelle Mailbu for a whopping $1000
Sold it 6 years later to get married
Scan0005.jpg

20170927_030358.jpg
20170927_030306.jpg
Bought this 1974 Monte Carlo in 1981 for $1,400.
Later bought my mom's 1968 Dodge Coronet from her for $700.

Ahhhhh. Such wonderful photography from this teenager. Lol.

Wow what a beauty. The '68/'69 Chevelle/Malibu cars are my favorite muscle cars.

I kid you not, this is what my first cal (1972 Impala 4dr) looked like when I was done with it in 1977. BUT, imagine Cragar 5 spoke rims instead of the ones in this picture and mine was Candy Apple Red. Had a Pioneer Supertuner w/8-track in it with 4 speakers powered by a 50w amp. 350ci small block, 4bbl mechanical Holley and headers and Hush Thrush's.

In the late seventies I cruised Hwy. 100 in West Allis, WI for hours just about every day. GREAT memories!!!

Attachments

• maroon-1972-chevrolet-impala-four-door-sedan-with-vinyl-top-1.jpg
    maroon-1972-chevrolet-impala-four-door-sedan-with-vinyl-top-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 148
nice cars guys. problem with mine is it might be too new as i only bought my 1st car in 2015. always bought trucks since 1993 ish when i bought my 1st vehicle.

I kid you not, this is what my first cal (1972 Impala 4dr) looked like when I was done with it in 1977. BUT, imagine Cragar 5 spoke rims instead of the ones in this picture and mine was Candy Apple Red. Had a Pioneer Supertuner w/8-track in it with 4 speakers powered by a 50w amp. 350ci small block, 4bbl mechanical Holley and headers and Hush Thrush's.

In the late seventies I cruised Hwy. 100 in West Allis, WI for hours just about every day. GREAT memories!!!

My parents had a 73 Impala. 4dr green monster with a vinyl top. Great car for traveling vacations. As a much younger steiner, I could have a nap on the spacious rear dash.

Oh the awesome 5 spoke Cragers and the oh so popular Candy Apple Red. Always a winning combo.
No 8track for me. I splurged on a Pioneer cassette deck (Keh 51 ??) with a 9 band eq, two tweeters up in the front dash speaker grill and 2 4way 6907 Pioneer in the rear dash hidden under factory grills and driver by gm120 and gmA200 respectively.
I had a 327 with a 272 cam, Eldebrock dual plane intake with a brand new QuadraJet sitting on top and ceramic coated Black Jack headers hooked up to dual exhaust. A 350 turbo with a shift kit hooked to a posi with 3:08 gears. Not a tire burner but a lot of fun.

thanks lol. now to see if i have one.

Back