• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride on new sled

IMO if anyone has the 10k to buy a new sled, they have the extra $600-$700 to make it how they want. First thing I do when I buy a new truck is put $1400-$2000 worth of tires/wheels. Sure I wish it came with bfg mud terrains and nice chrome wheels but in reality it doesn't and in reality the normal user has no need for them. Same for this sled, aside from the hyfax issues the rest of the sled for the normal rider is just that... a sled. I think it is apparent that the people on this forum are not normal weekend riders. We take the sport to a next level and demand more out of our rides, so we take the time and money to get it right. Any and all sleds I have owned have been scrutinized and adjusted till the day I sold them, its just how I work.

Back on topic... welcome to the yamaha world and keep the pics coming.

Im sorry your not happy with your sled, and you can get it all worked out to where your happy with it. Please, if you have any suggestions to make mine even better i would be please to try them out.
Second, i rotate my tires every year, and i have 2 sets, 1 summer and 1 winter. Im not easily pleased, but i guess part of it, is i dont have a ton of experience on other sleds.

I feel like the xtx's are a hit or miss sled.

Going up to traverse city, 26-30. Should have more pictures then.

09xtxrider I hope someday maybe we can get together and do some riding.... If you ever want to do some riding up here in upstate ny let me know. I have a cabin in Brantingham, ny. Would love for you and your gang to come join us.

Back