• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First run on my srx700 in years,WOW...

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
Took my 2000 srx700 out on the ice and was clocked at 115 in just over a 1000ft..!!its been so long since I rode the beast.i have turks clutch setup and I will say I let off the throttle being the fact its been sitting for years!!

Speed limit is 50 mph in MN :jump: lol glad you got her out to breath, love the sound of an SRX.

Loved my 01, had bruce Schrader's long travel rear in it, the best update I did to it, and could beat many mod sleds and big bores, it was awsome

I was out on a customers just last week that is all stock except for Ripsaw track.
Raced a 2018 800 Axys for about 2000 feet in a few inches of heavy snow. Really tight race.

2000 & 2001 SRX........................prettiest sled EVER!
And just damn MEAN!!!

My 700 SRX is gone but we still have a couple Bender piped and ported SX tripples. Every time I fire up and ride our tripple/ tripple two strokes it makes me smile as there is no sound like them.
It makes me reflect on how bad my SW and all the tripple four strokes sound but thank goodness not as bad as the 2 cylinder Suzuki 1100s sound!

My 700 SRX is gone but we still have a couple Bender piped and ported SX tripples. Every time I fire up and ride our tripple/ tripple two strokes it makes me smile as there is no sound like them.
It makes me reflect on how bad my SW and all the tripple four strokes sound but thank goodness not as bad as the 2 cylinder Suzuki 1100s sound!
Respectfully disagree. I have my SW stock muffler modified inside, but stock outlet and inlet.
I think it is the best sounding sled I've ever owned and I've owned the Yami triples and had many different triple pipe brands.
The stock SRX700's are a very close second and arguably the best sounding two stroke ever, er, is that a Vmax4.....?

Been looking for a clean 2001 for awhile and can’t find one. One day I’ll find one hopefully. To me it’s the sled Yamaha ever made

Ha! I think a straight piped Sidewinder is the best sounding sled ever, sounds like an absolute animal! Definitely agree on the Zuke 1,100's though!

Respectfully disagree. I have my SW stock muffler modified inside, but stock outlet and inlet.
I think it is the best sounding sled I've ever owned and I've owned the Yami triples and had many different triple pipe brands.
The stock SRX700's are a very close second and arguably the best sounding two stroke ever, er, is that a Vmax4.....?

HaHa
I knew my comments would get some reaction.
I have tried 3 different exhaust silencers on my Winder and I am still not crazy about its sound.
I guess everyone has a noise preference but I have never liked the sound of four stroke tripples right back to Triumph Tridents in the late 60s and 70s and again when the Nytro sleds were introduced.
The first tripple two stroke I rode was a TX500 Free Air and I was hooked on that sound. My first street bike was a 750 Kawasaki H2 so I come by it honestly.
I have to agree my Vmax 4 Howler piped mod had a great sound as well but nothing compares to my Honda 6 cylinder CBX at 10500RPM!

Hey Bob, gotta agree with ya on the CBX. Possibly the best sounding bike EVER. I had a chance to ride one with a turbo once. The sound was like nothing you've ever heard before! And the looks I got from other motorist was super frickin cool. Like it was some kinda wild animal!

And the H2, very close second! Ya just don't hear those on the road anymore.

Ah but then we were talking about sleds were'nt we?

Unfortunately my H2 is long gone but my CBX, CB1100f, 6 cylinder KZ1300, and piped and ported RZ500 are still here.
SWEET!!!
You have a small fortune in collectible cycles.

Back