• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First time viper owner, in need for advice

hedjohn

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper xtx se
hi, this is my first Thread here, first time viper owner.. the sled is an xtx se 2014 stock.picked it upp att a local dealer... sled has 930 Miles on it ,1020 km. i have driven 600km on it so far this last weeks.. i am in need of a little help. the sled is over revving /hitting rev limiter on launch in loose snow. should i add more weight/ rivets or get a softer spring? and how do you attach the bag behind the seat ? looks like im missing som knobs for the bag.

There are 2 nobs that are riveted on to the tunnel for the rear bag and the 2 straps go in the holes under the rear bumper.as far as hitting the rev limiter mine does also if I throttle it at low speeds.mine seems to rev high also at around 9200

There are 2 nobs that are riveted on to the tunnel for the rear bag and the 2 straps go in the holes under the rear bumper.as far as hitting the rev limiter mine does also if I throttle it at low speeds.mine seems to rev high also at around 9200
i am missing rivited nobs then. where can i find them? part number?

Stays 8JP-F8423-00-00 Rivets 8JP-RA516-00-00

The reving out could be your clutch set up. I can’t post pics (spec sheet) but if it’s the same clutch that’s in my 2016 you need more weight at lower elevations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome here! Yes you need to add more wieght to primary. If it's at launch only put wieght in heel. If it's at top speed add it to tip.

Back