• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

first time yamaha owner

StephenS

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to yamaha in general. After owning Polaris my whole life I made the jump to a 2018 Viper xtx se. going to have alot of questions about this sled. I guess i mainly want to know what are some must do mods to this sled or just little things you do to them to make them that much better? i cant wait to rip this thing this winter and sorry in advance for spamming you with questions.

I have 2017 sr viper se txt I love it
I had a 2009 phazer and 2006 apex
the viper is best so far
I had Polaris's when I was younger but win to to Yamaha I never went back quality is best

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to yamaha in general. After owning Polaris my whole life I made the jump to a 2018 Viper xtx se. going to have alot of questions about this sled. I guess i mainly want to know what are some must do mods to this sled or just little things you do to them to make them that much better? i cant wait to rip this thing this winter and sorry in advance for spamming you with questions.

Welcome to the site!!

This site has solutions to almost any issue that would arise and a solution to almost any style you like. Many times more than one solution. My advice find snow and do it as soon as possible. Then ride it! Everyone likes different things and you might even find that nothing needs to be done. You already did the hardest thing which is buying the darn sled. Just enjoy it at least for a few rides.

The XTX is a great platform but I will tell you it has different feels to different riders.

Because it is a true crossover trail/deep snow sled it does give up a bit on both sides. The uncoupled skid makes transfer a lot of fun and will load the track much harder at launch than the other versions but will suffer a bit in cornering. When riding and cornering there is no noticeable difference in track length to the 137". Before throwing a ton of cash at it you need to ride it for yourself and decide what is more important. You will probably find the first thing to go is the stock skis.

Good Luck

Back