1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

First Winder Part on Viper

Discussion in 'SR Viper Talk' started by cannondale27, Dec 6, 2017.

1. cannondale27

cannondale27 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Vendor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Always worry about cracking tabs on actuator so Winder has this cover (#8KC-G613F-00)which should help that and keep heat off what has been a good actuator. I did have to bend sides slightly to clear inner chaincase rib. Kinda finishes it off. Also picked up a new heat shield since mine had hole in it from rubbing. Trying warranty on that. That should be it. About ready to ride!
    DCE10BDB-D6A9-4975-B7FF-F095B00D11C3.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Janne339, super1c, mtcooler and 2 others like this.
  3. MrSled

MrSled Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder
    Did they warranty the thermal blanket on your side area by silencer?

4. cannondale27

cannondale27 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Vendor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Still waiting. They need to submit it. Would think it should go through. Will keep you informed. Most all have holes in by now.

MrSled likes this.
  5. MrSled

MrSled Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder

Right I need a new one. Big hole in mine.

cannondale27 likes this.
  6. mtcooler

mtcooler Extreme

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2014 ZR 7000 LTD Sno Pro
    You have a part number on that actuator cover i have one broken tab on mine? What is the orange stuff you have in there and what is it for didn't see that the other day?

7. cannondale27

Added # to the first post. I put that orange stuff to keep the wires from banging around there and getting wrecked. They just hang there.

MrSled and mtcooler like this.
  8. Studroes144

Studroes144 TY 4 Stroke God

My original heat blanket was burned out the first year, second one I coated the back side with the high temp shiny tape right where it would have a tendency to rub, once it starts to wear through that I peel it off and put new tape on, still looks like new after 3 seasons.

cannondale27 likes this.
  9. Allan

Allan Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2016 Sr Viper S TX DX 146
    I made a little bracket that bolts to exhaust and keeps the thermal blanket from laying against it . Mine blanket is still good.

cannondale27 likes this.
  10. cannondale27

I made a bracket but the hole was already there and didnt put new tape on last season. Put some tape on new one and have the bracket already. Even glued the velcro back on batwing. Looks good! Just waiting for family to wake up,Tension track and Daylight and I can go ride!
    DSC00892.JPG DSC00893.JPG DSC00894.JPG

Allan likes this.
  11. blueironranger

blueironranger TY 4 Stroke Master

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2014 Viper XTX
    2009 Phazer MTX
    I see you have a wire zip tied to the oil breather tube, any issues with that melting? reason I ask is that I routed a wire the same exact way.

12. cannondale27

No problem. Heated shield wire. Been there 4 seasons.

13. Mike P

Mike P Pro

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sr Viper R-TX SE
    Any issues with the angle adapter on the o2 sensor?

14. cannondale27

No. Actually since I have been using it I haven't lost a O2 sensor. Went through two before. Innovate.

Mike P and MrSled like this.