• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Winder Part on Viper

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Always worry about cracking tabs on actuator so Winder has this cover (#8KC-G613F-00)which should help that and keep heat off what has been a good actuator. I did have to bend sides slightly to clear inner chaincase rib. Kinda finishes it off. Also picked up a new heat shield(blanket) since mine had hole in it from rubbing. Trying warranty on that. That should be it. About ready to ride!
DCE10BDB-D6A9-4975-B7FF-F095B00D11C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Always worry about cracking tabs on actuator so Winder has this cover which should help that and keep heat off what has been a good actuator. I did have to bend sides slightly to clear inner chaincase rib. Kinda finishes it off. Also picked up a new heat shield since mine had hole in it from rubbing. Trying warranty on that. That should be it. About ready to ride!
View attachment 134109

Did they warranty the thermal blanket on your side area by silencer?

You have a part number on that actuator cover i have one broken tab on mine? What is the orange stuff you have in there and what is it for didn't see that the other day?

You have a part number on that actuator cover i have one broken tab on mine? What is the orange stuff you have in there and what is it for didn't see that the other day?
Added # to the first post. I put that orange stuff to keep the wires from banging around there and getting wrecked. They just hang there.

My original heat blanket was burned out the first year, second one I coated the back side with the high temp shiny tape right where it would have a tendency to rub, once it starts to wear through that I peel it off and put new tape on, still looks like new after 3 seasons.

I made a little bracket that bolts to exhaust and keeps the thermal blanket from laying against it . Mine blanket is still good.

I made a little bracket that bolts to exhaust and keeps the thermal blanket from laying against it . Mine blanket is still good.
I made a bracket but the hole was already there and didnt put new tape on last season. Put some tape on new one and have the bracket already. Even glued the velcro back on batwing. Looks good! Just waiting for family to wake up,Tension track and Daylight and I can go ride!
DSC00892.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00894.JPG

I see you have a wire zip tied to the oil breather tube, any issues with that melting? reason I ask is that I routed a wire the same exact way.

Back