• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Cat Users

ViperTurboPete

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper XTX LE MPI Turbo
2022 Expedition Extreme 850
I bought the FCC...$75 bucks plus tax. I was going to drop them into the tank of my RX-1M, but I started thinking that it would be good for my SRX also. Rather than buying another set, has anyone used a string or something, tied them together and let it hang from the gas filler neck?? I could switch from one machine to the other machine.

Is this a stupid idea?? I figure I could use the FCC in some gas cans with gas then pull it out and plop them into the tank of whatever machine I am riding.

it would suck if your string or dangling device failed. i mean if it were to clog the line or something. i'd buy another one then you got it covered. ;)!

I am just a poor government worker...another 75 bucks plus tax would kill me. Seriously though, if I can save a couple of bucks why not I guess. I am thinking of using wire to dangle the thingies.

Call me cheap...my wife does!

Then I would treat the gas in a can then put it in the sled. Dangling them from the cap might work mind you just do a good job of hooking them up.

I figured out what I am going to do....
I run my machines without that white insert in the gas neck/filler thing (to be able to fill to the brim hassle free). I will drill a hole in the white insert and connect the FCC with wire to the insert and drop it in the tank. When I drive my SRX, then I just pull the white thing out and drop it in the other tank. Again, call me cheap.

The reason I leave mine in the sled is for convinence and for storage. The FCC keeps the fuel fresh through storage also. What you are doing will work. Someone also asked if these will work for diesel and they do or are supposed too. I havent had any experience using these with diesel but it is supposed to work with diesel also.

Actually it's a good idea, I've put a set in every sled I've owned and when I trade it in...well they go with the sled. That makes $75 x 5=375, I could have bought some studs for my new RTX!

Back