• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
Was wondering if anyone has used/tried these in their sleds and what they have to say about them.

The Fitch fuel catalyst drops into your fuel tank and you are done. It does not dissolve and lasts the life of the engine. It is supposed to give you more HP and torque better fuel mileage with less emissions and carbon buildup. Sounds like it would be a sure shot winner for RX-1 owners for the correction of carbon buildup alone.

Type "Fitch Fuel Catalyst" and do a search. There have been lots of dyno test and testimonials and none are bad but of course that is their site. The testimonials though are coming from bike magazine editors and such with rave reviews. Check it out or add your info if you have used this product or know of someone who has and let us all know good or bad.

Sorry guys. I've read the ad copy and as many articles as these guys can weasel out of the magazines and it is all nonsense. I have a technical background and not one reasonable explanation has been given as to why this thing works. Someone needs to do a side-by-side test on several machines to prove its effectiveness. Remember the little magnet boxes you could install in your car and it "polarizes" the fuel? What about the platinum catalyst that makes your car get 20% better fuel mileage? Someone made some money and then ran away.

Well why would any magazine say anything good about something that does not work especially bike magazines. That would be like shooting yourself in the foot. The Canadian dealer ran some dyno tests himself and he said it works. I ordered the F5 kit for my 2004 Royalstar Midnight Venture bike. I am going to do a dyno before and after if it does indeed work I am going to get a dealership. I will post the results.

Thanks, I look forward to your results. Some dealers may say that it works because they sell it and some magazines may say that it works because they need the ad revenue but I must remain skeptical until I see some real results.

Ok I got the fitch fuel catalyst installed in my bike. It is definitly running smoother at idle, throttle response has improved and so has my gas mileage. My brother who I ride with all time has noticed the improvements also and has ordered one for his harley. He has done three dyno runs on his bike and it peaks at 106 HP. We are going to dyno his bike with the fitch installed and that should tell us the story. Will post results when available.

Sorry, not the kind of evidence I was looking for. I still haven't found a scientific explanation how it works so I will wait for some dyno numbers from an independent third party. As for your noticed improvements to your machine, that is a pretty subjective thing. Whenever I clean my car, I always find that it runs better too. When you do the dyno run, please do one without the product first. Then drain the tank and add a few gallons of some gas that has been treated. Thanks.

The dyno runs without have already been done as per my post. I am getting better gas mileage and it idles better now. These two are facts and as far as I am concerned not subjective but fact. I am going to stick my neck out here and state that this product does in fact work. The dyno results will just verify what I believe to be true. I bet the HP claims they make will be verified.

I don't think you're getting it yet. You must do the dyno runs with and without on the same day. Different conditions and different dynos give different results. Better yet, neither you nor the dyno operator should know which batch of gas you are using until after the test. Also, you lose credibility when you state that you believe the product works before you do the test.
Look, if this thing works, every sled maker would install one at the factory. The extra cost would easily be offset by warrant savings when someone with 2 or 3 years warranty neglects to clean his carbs preseason or gets a load of bad gas.
ps I just installed "speed holes" in the hood of my car and what a difference it makes! (just kidding)

I would be posting the results for your benefit not mine but with your attitude I dont think I will. If it does work you will never know. This is my money I am spending on the product and the testing your sly remarks are unwelcome.

Now don't get all bent out of shape. I was just having some fun. However, I did read your source who "proved" that it works. I noticed 2 things: 1. He claims that it works for gasoline AND for diesel fuel. These are two very diffenent substances and yet this magical device has the ability to extract 10 -20% more energy out of both of them. 2. He is a dealer for the product.

I am not trying to attack you personally (you're probably a great guy), I'm just fed up with bogus claims.

He is a dealer because he knows it works. I really doubt Freddie would say it worked if it didnt. He has the equipment and the know how to make sure it does what it is supposed to. That alone leads me to believe the product does work. If the darn thing works and so far it looks like it does. I too am going to be a dealer. I have to know it works for sure before I put any major money into this product.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but this sounds too much like the Platinum Vapor Injection system from a few years ago. The company made very similar claims and was very aggressive recruiting dealers while offering excellent margins on wholesale to retail. Many people offered independent confirmation of its ability to match the claims it made. Transport Canada finally did some tests and the company was forced to stop advertising its claims. This took about 5 years I think.
I did some more research and I did find an independent third party test that took place on GMC diesel trucks. The results were about a 15 % improvement in efficiency over about a 100 miles or so (too short). The kicker was a small disclaimer "Fuel provided by Fitch Fuel Catalyst" or something like that.
Anyway, I am looking forward to your dyno run.

Back