• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

Man I feel like a idiot. . I would assume dealer would check this. I know I have no washer back there. First thing I will do when mine comes back from dealer.#$%&*
This why I have enough dust to make another belt out of. One reason anyway

Man I feel like a idiot. . I would assume dealer would check this. I know I have no washer back there. First thing I will do when mine comes back from dealer.#$%&*

Could be. I have dust also. Won't know until I get it fixed and run it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I hearing this right? The reason I have one free roller is becaus the helix is a piece of sh*t?

Am I hearing this right? The reason I have one free roller is becaus the helix is a piece of sh*t?

Could be one thing. Might be a few small things. These issues will be fixed with or without yamaha's help. It takes time. I need parts before I can test more. Have parts coming. Will test again on the weekend.

Could be one thing. Might be a few small things. These issues will be fixed with or without yamaha's help. It takes time. I need parts before I can test more. Have parts coming. Will test again on the weekend.

I'm glad to hear there's a pro on it. I just set the secondary with my viper osp adjuster. I'm leaving tomorrow for a big trip up north. (4 days). I have stock rollers in. I hope they last along with the belt.

This is how i set the belt in the secondary. It's a bit higher then it was stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 192
Your saying there's no washer behind the clutch??? Wow.

This is how i set the belt in the secondary. It's a bit higher then it was stock.

Looks good. Just watch the temp of your clutches. If they get hot there is an issue. If they are getting to hot just slow down a little and stay away from longer wot runs and you'll be ok.

Just tried out the Hi-torque cat rollers. They fit well and seem to work good.

I replaced my rollers with cat. One is definitely not touching. Let me go double check.

For sure. Who's coming out with a new helix and when?

Last edited:
I replaced my rollers with cat. One is definitely not touching. Let me go double check.

JT my cat turbosecondary was like that for years and I never had a roller go bad. Run the cat ones and you will be good!

JT my cat turbosecondary was like that for years and I never had a roller go bad. Run the cat ones and you will be good!

Thanks, going up north tomorrow. And like most, I will do whatever it takes to run as good as I can. So if it needs a helix. No biggie. Thanks, UP!

Thanks, going up north tomorrow. And like most, I will do whatever it takes to run as good as I can. So if it needs a helix. No biggie. Thanks, UP!

Have fun. Trails should be hard and fast! Perfect for the Winder.

I try 2 dalton helix and one roller is free, if 1 turn the secondary 1/4 turn, roller are good, another 1/4 turn, and 2 roller have less pressure, I make this test with belt and turn the secondary with the track.
It look like the hole for the pin who hold the roller is not machined perfect ???
I have to pass more time on the secondary to find

I have the same result with stock helix

250 miles so far. Hitting the trail again now.
Small amount of belt dust. The only roller showing flat spots is the one not touching

Back