• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flo-Commander?

Already in progress. My carbs and airbox got to Steve last week and should have them back by end of this week. Looks like I'm the Guinea Pig again this year. I have talked extensively with Steve about the benefits of the flo-commander and he is claiming 8hp on R1, along with improved drivability and throttle response. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

I'm glad you did, it sounds really interesting. He wanted me to send my carbs and airbox down to him. I just wanted to get a kit and install it myself. I posted this question hoping someone else would contact him and send their stuff to him. You already did it, so I guess he will have a kit soon. Let me know what you think of it when you get it back.

Get any snow down there in MN to test it out when they come back?

Just got an email from Steve and my stuff is on its way back. He said it looks really trick and I will be impressed. Hopefully we will still have a little snow next week so I can test it out after deer hunting. A friend of mine bought a warrior after I wupped up on him and his xc800 last year and got over twice the milage to boot, so we will be able to compare quite well how it works. I had him do the pilot and main systems both right away as long as we were at it.

Haven't had much time this week but I got the setup back and got it running this week. This is a very trick setup!!!! :D Just starting it up you can hear there is something different, deeper and more throaty. On the first test drive it nearly pulled right out of my hands. :eek: Throttle response is much improved and it pulls into the power band much quicker. I'll post pictures after deer hunting, this thing is cool. Here kitty kitty :twisted:

1 inch of snow, time to test!! Was able to take the sled from having a lean stumble to pulling like a freight train in about two turns. By leaning out the air you increase the amount of fuel and vice versa. This is cool. Now when you increase you airflow, thundervalves, you can richen up the mixture a little and increase your power. It will carry the front end for about 30 feet and then overpowers the traction and roto-tills the lawn. All I can say is what a difference in getting up into the power band!! Let it snow, let it snow. 8)

Finally got some good testing done. The initail testing showed that I needed more fuel because the flo-commander was nearly closed off. Have jetted up to 140, opened all 4 lo-boy valves and been able to decrease idle screw to 1 turn instead of 2. When riding the other day I could make tiny little adjustments and feel the difference both in the seat of my pants and see them on the tach. This is the best tuning aid ever!!

Thunder products makes adjustable air valves to install in airboxes. They fit perfect in the grooves on the air box lid.

Did a little riding last night with an AC guy. He rode my sled last year so I let him ride it to get his opinion. He can't believe the difference either. He commented on how much different it now sounded, meaner and deeper. We had a stock Warrior and there is absolutely no comparison. My sled doesn't have a midrange anymore, it accelerates through so fast you can't even see it. BAM 10,500. Hold on. The Flo-Commander is the best improver, tuning tool out there.

Back