• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Food for thought/ 2023&2024 yamacat

Fords4life

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 riot 9000 & 2017 sw rtx
New chassis for 2 strokes 2023, and as it seems less yamaha involment at cat with the snow side, MAYBE the new chassis for 4 strokes for 2024, and heres the best part...cat clutchs both primary and secondarys on our yamahas!! Why i wonder? Cat clutch is stubby for clearance in new chassis, no new clutch for yamaha i have seen, plus yamaha ueses cats clutch on the mountain side now. Let the ideas roll boys and gals!!!!

All we will see are new colors on the old cat chassi

I think it’s the right time now! New chassis for 2 and 4 strokes now!

2012-2022 same chassis for cat well we have to remember ski-doo had the xp chassis from 2008-2017 with a few minor tweaks along the way. Is the cat chassis showing its age? yes very much so. I believe that the hint was dropped in the 2022 cat release live video that we will see the same chassis again for 2023. Costumers begging for a new chassis, im here just hoarding Apex parts to keep the true blue alive forever!

Given that all manufacturers can't get what they need to build current models, I don't expect much of anything for next year.
True... However, IMO, with inventory at the lowest, its the best time to release new models at limited quantity... This way you get the bugs worked out. They just need to be realistic on the parts to be made... Plus IMO, Cat has had a new chassis there for 2 years now just waiting to be released...

2012-2022 same chassis for cat well we have to remember ski-doo had the xp chassis from 2008-2017 with a few minor tweaks along the way. Is the cat chassis showing its age? yes very much so. I believe that the hint was dropped in the 2022 cat release live video that we will see the same chassis again for 2023. Costumers begging for a new chassis, im here just hoarding Apex parts to keep the true blue alive forever!
What was the hint?

I wished I was in charge. We'd have the Apex back in a NA version and a turbo version in a Cat chassis designed for the Apex, with a Yamaha driveline including the chain case! The cushioned & underdriven output shaft is what made for good belt life along with the Hi-RPM Swiss watch four-cylinder, there is nothing better. SO MUCH better than the clutch on the crankshaft Yamaha three cylinder engines, I don't care if the three-cylinder is lighter, the four-cylinder is far superior that the three-cylinders in every way.

If only the Apex was in a different or good chassis, they would sell like crazy. If I was in charge, the NA engine would be 200HP and the turbo SRX/Thundercat version would be 280HP all stock with a warranty! Would be the best sled ever to come out a factory bar none.

I wished I was in charge. We'd have the Apex back in a NA version and a turbo version in a Cat chassis designed for the Apex, with a Yamaha driveline including the chain case! The cushioned & underdriven output shaft is what made for good belt life along with the Hi-RPM Swiss watch four-cylinder, there is nothing better. SO MUCH better than the clutch on the crankshaft Yamaha three cylinder engines, I don't care if the three-cylinder is lighter, the four-cylinder is far superior that the three-cylinders in every way.

If only the Apex was in a different or good chassis, they would sell like crazy. If I was in charge, the NA engine would be 200HP and the turbo SRX/Thundercat version would be 280HP all stock with a warranty! Would be the best sled ever to come out a factory bar none.
This is a Yamaha/Cat hybrid I would be 100% on board with.

I talked to a Cat engineer several months ago and he said they've been "very busy" and hinted at a new Gauge cluster too (that was a complaint of mine lol)

Back