• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Food for thought/ 2023&2024 yamacat

Until there is a dramatic new development in battery tech electric vehicles are doomed. They serve niches and would service ski resorts fairly well but energy density vs petrochemicals is laughable. Not to mention cold weather performance. Electric vehicles mile for mile emit more CO2. If you believe the government on electric vehicles being a panacea for the climate then I got a 6th injection of undisclosed poisons for ya.

Funny thing is the inorganic demands on the electric supply are driving the resurgence of using coal!

I'm old enough to remember when they paid us to build houses with as many gas appliances as possible when even then they knew the grid was on the brink and that was long before ill-advised energy policy and tax payer subsidies brought back the electric vehicle boondoggle.

The new demands on the electric grid and causing undue competitive strains on the electric supply and as we add more electric vehicles it will make electricity expensive to the point of having to choose between AC heat refrigeration or transportation.

E=MC2 theres no free lunch. Just moving the cheese around but in the case of electrifying everything its making the cheese unavailable or too expensive.

$4 trillion dollars have been spent to take petrochemical generation from 88% to 87%. What a deal.

No of that even takes into account the civil instability in the places in the world where these rare elements come from. The forced labor. The child labor. The health impacts. The strip mining. The water pollution.

Petrochemicals are not warming the planet. All electric cars will barely put a dent in petrochemical use, less than 10%. And we are not running out. We have enough petrochemicals to last beyond the next asteroid or extinction level blunder by the government

Until there is a dramatic new development in battery tech electric vehicles are doomed. They serve niches and would service ski resorts fairly well but energy density vs petrochemicals is laughable. Not to mention cold weather performance. Electric vehicles mile for mile emit more CO2. If you believe the government on electric vehicles being a panacea for the climate then I got a 6th injection of undisclosed poisons for ya.

Funny thing is the inorganic demands on the electric supply are driving the resurgence of using coal!

I'm old enough to remember when they paid us to build houses with as many gas appliances as possible when even then they knew the grid was on the brink and that was long before ill-advised energy policy and tax payer subsidies brought back the electric vehicle boondoggle.

The new demands on the electric grid and causing undue competitive strains on the electric supply and as we add more electric vehicles it will make electricity expensive to the point of having to choose between AC heat refrigeration or transportation.

E=MC2 theres no free lunch. Just moving the cheese around but in the case of electrifying everything its making the cheese unavailable or too expensive.

$4 trillion dollars have been spent to take petrochemical generation from 88% to 87%. What a deal.

No of that even takes into account the civil instability in the places in the world where these rare elements come from. The forced labor. The child labor. The health impacts. The strip mining. The water pollution.

Petrochemicals are not warming the planet. All electric cars will barely put a dent in petrochemical use, less than 10%. And we are not running out. We have enough petrochemicals to last beyond the next asteroid or extinction level blunder by the government
Amen brother.

I just saw this headline earlier today - https://seekingalpha.com/news/39409...tor-warns-of-coming-power-capacity-shortfalls

And when the electric grid continually fails, this regime will blame Chinese balloons. Maybe start another war too.

When the Procross is done, Yamaha is done. North American Snowmobile Operations is basically just a marketing firm anymore. They don't have anyone to even engineer a Yamaha engine and clutch system into a new chassis. Everyone that helped get the Viper and Sidewinder off the ground is gone. Yamaha has no engineering left and Cat has replaced all of the "old TRF boys" that actually supported the joint venture with different Textron sourced people.

When the Procross is done, Yamaha is done. North American Snowmobile Operations is basically just a marketing firm anymore. They don't have anyone to even engineer a Yamaha engine and clutch system into a new chassis. Everyone that helped get the Viper and Sidewinder off the ground is gone. Yamaha has no engineering left and Cat has replaced all of the "old TRF boys" that actually supported the joint venture with different Textron sourced people.
All the old TRF Boy's are working for Argo now

I wonder what most of you are going to do when 2025 rolls around and the 998 possibly goes to another manuf. No more eps on trail sled capable of a high mile high hp sled.

I wonder what most of you are going to do when 2025 rolls around and the 998 possibly goes to another manuf. No more eps on trail sled capable of a high mile high hp sled.

I don't see that happening with the new Cat/Yamaha contract. Doo will never purchase Yamaha engines and I don't see Polaris doing so either.

I don't see that happening with the new Cat/Yamaha contract. Doo will never purchase Yamaha engines and I don't see Polaris doing so either.
Has that been official, I know you talked about it but I was surprised it wasn't in the 2024 sled announcement.

Has that been official, I know you talked about it but I was surprised it wasn't in the 2024 sled announcement.

I heard it from a reliable source that is in the know, but as we all know, Yamaha is very tight lipped, so I'm not sure you will ever hear any "official" announcement. This source I'm speaking about is also disappoint that there is not more direction, news or talk on any future development or plans.

With how well my 17 has held up, I'm pretty happy that they continue the relationship for some years to come. Will Yamaha continue with the Catalyst chassis is anyones guess, but if they do, I hope the continue with EPS in it. I'd like to see Textron/Cat/Yamaha succeed with more four-stroke offerings. The Catalyst looks to be the one to have for next year in the two-stroke 600 Dpt. It's already won a Cross Country event in the open class in just its second outing.

That won't happen. If Yamaha keeps offering sleds in the future they will be built by Cat. The other 2 don't need or want to be contract builders. I don't even know if Textron really wants to be either, but they inherited the contract. It was the independent and very small Arctic Cat, Inc. that was really interested in a joint venture with Yamaha. The motivation for a cash infusion is gone. ROI is still a concern however since Cat builds far less sleds then the other two. That's the only thing that could keep this going for a few more years.

Back