• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Foot Well

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
Hey guy's I wear FXR boot (which I love) and I found last winter that my boot was to thick height wise for the foot well. Is there anything I could do to resolve this? Without buying another pair of boots.

14. Its not as much the length of my foot, its how thick my boot is

Hey guy's I wear FXR boot (which I love) and I found last winter that my boot was to thick height wise for the foot well. Is there anything I could do to resolve this? Without buying another pair of boots.
Without buying, then just put Vaseline the clear stuff , Put it all over the toe area, then slide your foot in to the footwell. Or common sense buy thinner boots, cause it will cost more to make well bigger, higher. Just saying

might be able to mod the upper side of the foot rests to give yourself more clearance.

I have the same boots and ended up removing the toe hold brackets on my Cat. The original plan was to modify the brackets for more clearance and reinstall them. However after a season of riding with them out, I haven't had any issues with snow intrusion on to the clutches so I think that I'll probably just leave them out.
I did reroute the speed sensor wiring harness and secured it with silicone, so that I don't kick it with my foot though.

I have the same boots and ended up removing the toe hold brackets on my Cat. The original plan was to modify the brackets for more clearance and reinstall them. However after a season of riding with them out, I haven't had any issues with snow intrusion on to the clutches so I think that I'll probably just leave them out.
I did reroute the speed sensor wiring harness and secured it with silicone, so that I don't kick it with my foot though.

Did this help with the height of the foot well?

Yeah, it made a big difference. I 'm a mountain rider and if I dumped the sled over while carving, my foot would get stuck in the footwell.

That's my exact issue. Thanks a lot. One more question since i'm not in front of my sled, how did you remove the toe hold bracket?

I have fxr size 14 also and part that really is tight is the right foot on the brake rotor cover and it pinches it off of if foot twists at all. Only ride trail so it may not effect me as much as you.

Back