• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Found the trouble...with my problem solving

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
Anyone else notice:

I think Direct.....like ‘old DC 12v wiring’ Things are power YES or NO
Is there power there?
Meaning I want things to WORK or NOT

Now every thing goes through some micro chip that decides based on a lot of variables I don’t or worse CANT know wether to work or not.
Example: I turn on my ‘smart TV’ that talks to my Smart Blue ray player that is to get a signal from my Smart satellite box or my WIFI and even though I KNOW I have not changed my connections in months and it worked last night doesn’t work instantly so I start to worry and am deciding were to begin problem solving. Only to be amazed that after all those ‘smart’ items talk to each other and figure it out...it works again.

Now I go read problem solving of modern SNOWMOBILES and its not....just do you have power here, fuel here, compression.....is your mechanical gap thus and such but NO its CODE xx and this can be seen in conditions YY and .........OK I’m gettin OLD and cranky thanks for letting blow off some steam of frustration.

Just wondering if I am the only one?

Who realizes I so often I just need to let the stupid computers figure it out..

Weren’t we warned to never use or trust machines that are smarter than we are?

Well they are ALL smarter than me. LOL

Remember when a snowmobile didn't run?

1. Do you have spark?
2. Is it getting fuel?
3. Compression?

If NO on any of those, start a new procedure under that category.

I troubleshoot elevators.
I used to look at electrical prints on paper & diagnose coils, relays, motor fields, solid state components etc...
NOW i plug in a computer that "trouble guesses" what the problem MAY be.
I have apps, iPads, bluetooth on my cell phone & support techs out of college that i don't think ever RODE an elevator.

After helping a young tech that spent the day troubleshooting, i found a stone in the door tracks.
The bluetooth apps couldn't see that.

BTW: While i use my bluetooth apps on my phone, the company sends me multiple emails about how concerned they are about my safety..................................then i have to start all over!

P.S: Yes i'm old school.............................but it is nice to get sent an extra 50hp by email!

I know Steve, I wouldn’t want to go back to sleds I truly could understand- loose the easy start, better handling and ride, better lighting list goes on.....but I sure feel inadequate when I cant just lift the hood, change a plug hear it start and both pipes are now HOT and off we go until the next, ‘Hey guys hold up”.
I just always feel I am at the mercy of the machine and its microchips and not much I can do about it.

Because I am a VIP/Life member here I got the full Yamaha Service manuals from Mr. Sled for each sled I own. When I ride, I have those manuals with me on a thumb drive so that I can figure out what the hell the codes are that might be flashing on my display if something goes wrong.

Like you I am a VIP member also but don’t have the knowledge or skill to take advantage of the service manuals.....probably should LOL

Back