• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox float rtx vs base shocks gytr's

viperanthony

Lookin at gettin either a xtx with gytr's or a rtx with floats (121) what would be a better ride in the trails and handle the bumps better (rough trail) don't really jump just want a smother ride pros and cons?

The XTX will be better riding regardless of which shocks simply because it's longer.

b u mps

I have messed around with my xtx quit a bit but I think my shorty handles way better in the bumps

It handles more like a 128 inch. After owning a 121 inch I'll never own anything less than 136 again.

I really like the adjustability of the gytrs compared to a float. Preload/compression/rebound as opposed to just adding and removing pressure. It's much quicker to make an adjustment as well instead of just living with it because you don't want to pull the pump out you turn a couple knobs and get it set for the conditions.

my brother has a xtx and i have a shorty….lets just say I've started buying parts to extend mine to a 136 this summer...

I have the floats on our MTX`s and we like them. I don`t know what I am missing. Maybe I could ride the neighbors XTX for a day and see what is better.

Back