• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Float Shocks

RX-1 Liter

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 RMK 155"
Has anyone out there had any real experience with the Fox Floats? I remember reading in Snowtech that they absolutly loved the way they performed (soft with no bottoming). What about reliability?

a fella posted earlier that he had seen many of them on F-7's loose air pressure.

And if you look at the rough trail videos it looks like they work fantastic.
A lot of technology went into those.
Yamaha had them in their accessory catolog in 05 and now on all these sleds, they would not be doing that if they had not really tested these out over a 2 year period.

I had the front left one on my F6 sno pro loose its pressure on my last ride. I rolled my sled at the end of a field when i went to make an aggresive right hander and the track slid out and the sled went over...I'm sure have only 10 lbs on the front left contributed............I must say they ride AWSOME. Just a little leary if my front left will loose pressure agian during a ride. Most that i've heard of have lost pressure in very cold conditions ?????

Just my 2 cents. They will probably need constant adjustment as the air spring rate will change a lot with temperature. That includes during a ride as the shocks go from ambient temp to operating temp. I know from mountain bike evolution that suspension forks went from air spring to coil spring cartridge damped due to concerns of stiction and reliability of the air only setup. I think we share the same goals of performance and light weight as mountain bikers. If money was no object, I would prefer an aluminum bodied remote reservoir shock with titanium springs.

srx600 said:
I had the front left one on my F6 sno pro loose its pressure on my last ride. I rolled my sled at the end of a field when i went to make an aggresive right hander and the track slid out and the sled went over...I'm sure have only 10 lbs on the front left contributed............I must say they ride AWSOME. Just a little leary if my front left will loose pressure agian during a ride. Most that i've heard of have lost pressure in very cold conditions ?????

JUST GET A CAN OF TIRE INFLATOR FROM YOUR LOCAL AUTO STORE...USED TO FIX FLAT TIRES.......LOL

Yes, they do require constant adjustment. Like every morning you need to check pressures, and if you are riding hard in the rough they actually build pressure and therefore run stiffer. We a few F7's in our group sometimes and they also have been getting moisture in the seal which freezes and causes the shocks to go flat.

Hmmmm....I was really leaning towards the RTX, but I think I will stay away from the foxes. Looks like the GT is the leader now.

I have had buddies that had all sorts of fade problems with them on the f7's. I was told they are good for the average trail rider but if you drive like a caveman you would be better off with a set of ohlin piggybacks

i have 950 miles on my 05 f7 and have had no pressure loss. thay perform great. but i have heard of people having pressure problems. im sure its a small percentage.

pro tc

My brother and I both have them on our mountain bikes. His are fox and he has to add air 1 time a week, I have Manitou and I add air 1 time a month. I think the way they ride is well worth it. It's easy to do a quick check before a ride. The technology has been around forever. Although Ohlins do make a sweet shock....

Back