• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Floats question

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
Will the Fox floats work from any of the AC sleds (ie. Fseries or X-Fires)on the FX Nytro? I really only want them for drag racing, so I can drop the front suspsion right down.

Does it matter, if they are shorter for that matter, when I am only using them for that purpose and will they bolt up, if they are off another brand.

The only difference might be in the valve stacks - or possibly in the width of the rubber bushings that come with them. No big deal either way?

your ride height will be incorrect and if you adjust with pressure, you might bottom them out sooner.

25-30 PSI is all I would be running, so would it be OK?

A shorter shock would certainly make it easier to lower your sled. Only thing I'd be concerned about is attaching the sway bar (if needed), but it might not be an issue. Unless someone chimes in with experience, won't know until you try.

I just wonder if the shorter shocks are even necessary.

You're planning on strapping the front and rear of the skid as well, correct?

Have you done that and checked to see how low the stock shocks will go?

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
A shorter shock would certainly make it easier to lower your sled. Only thing I'd be concerned about is attaching the sway bar (if needed), but it might not be an issue. Unless someone chimes in with experience, won't know until you try.

Sway bar moves with the chassis and A-Arms, I don't see it being a problem.

SledFreak said:
NyTrOMaNIaC said:

True, I was just thinking about when the shorter shock rebounds compared to the proper length shock. I guess if it's lowered with little air pressure it won't matter. I take it you're going to borrow a set and try them ? Otherwise, you're better off just getting the proper 17.5" long shocks so you can use them everyday.

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
SledFreak said:
NyTrOMaNIaC said:

True, I was just thinking about when the shorter shock rebounds compared to the proper length shock. I guess if it's lowered with little air pressure it won't matter. I take it you're going to borrow a set and try them ? Otherwise, you're better off just getting the proper 17.5" long shocks so you can use them everyday.

That would be the plan...

The length of the F series shock is about 17.5". The valving will likely be on the light side. The bushings will be the wrong width, too. Both can be solved, but you might be better off buying the correct shocks or trying something different.

Back