• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FOX QS3 and Resevoir SHOCK ISSUE

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Although Fox makes some wonderful shocks not everything is so great. There is a New end cap in the Reservoir that they started installing two seasons ago. Cost saving measure. First seen on the Evol Race shocks and now on all Rezzy shocks from them.

Issue is the endcap where Nitrogen is injected into the resevoir with needle. They no longer have a screw or plastic seal that is installed after filling with Nitrogen. I have had one I did myself leak down month after refresh and another done by a well known shock builder also come to me after a leakdown. Upon asking around others including Mike Carver have experienced the same thing. This means that no one can any longer guarantee a leak free shock after service unless a replacement rubber pellet($25) or a replacement Cap with Schrader Valve($35) instead of pellet is installed. I have always submerged every shock in water to check for leaks but problem is Nitrogen doesnt leak quickly. It can happen slowly over a month or more. Another measure I have taken is sharpening the needle or replacing much more often. This would never happen if a screw or plastic pellet was installed immediately after Nitrogen charge like ALL needle charged shocks used to have. They must not have thought of that! Symptoms will include no click on the 3 position QS3 lever and shock will have lots of air in it so will be bouncy and if removed and spring taken off if equipped will not return to fully extended once compressed. I will be stocking schrader valve equipped caps within next few days and already have replacement pellets. This is just a heads up to know what to look for and a warning that this once simple thing can no longer be counted upon. I will always do my best to prevent any issues and always Guarantee any work for one season. Including shipping but there are options if needed. Here is what I am talking about.

FOX(pellet which needle is inserted into is small silver thing on right of the rezzy cap that is issue)No Screw
DSC00914.JPG

Custom Axis Screw
DSC00915.JPG

You can see the needle and gauge used to charge the shock with Nitrogen here along with underside of Rezzy Cap and replacement Pellet from Fox
DSC00913.JPG

Here is another of Pellet. Its pressed in and is not fun getting out. $25 for that little bugger.
DSC00916.JPG

Last edited:

Totally backwards thinking on Fox here.... Regarded as a higher end shock and they do that, then the price they charge for the parts to resolve issue ... frustrating!

May have to send shock back to you in the off season for an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Plenty more. Remember if the clicker doesnt click Pressure is gone.$35 upgrade with a $30Refresh
DSC01046.JPG

Back