• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox

munskindaddy

Extreme
So at the end of the winter my right front fox shock kept losing air. Under warranty, I called dealer. They told me that there is isn't a rebuild for these. My shocks are the the large one with the smaller piggy back one, can't remember what the official name is. Anyway I was wondering if that is true or is he high. I figured that they could just redo it and put new seals in it, but maybe they are just throw aways.

They are rebuildable but Cat and Yamaha no longer offer the parts to do it. Just have to get parts from Fox.

Wow. That’s bad. Steve, you should watch the dumpsters at your local cat / Yammy dealers; you could pull out all the Fox shocks they throw away and rebuild them, valve them and then sell perfectly good used shocks to the GP on eBay.

Yamaha actually did this for years. Could only get shocks rebuilt or parts from authorized service centers like pioneer. Cat started this in 17. Sucks but pretty easy to work around. Can still get some parts direct from Cat but not much. If shock is warranted you get a whole shock or no warranty. They want you to send any rebuilds direct to Fox. I have no problem getting all parts for Fox.

Back