• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

From 121x15x1.3 to 137x16x1.6?

jameshofo

Veteran
So, I'm in Virginia and got a chance to ride around in all the sweet sweet powder that we had recently. But I had some problems, I could get around in the deep stuff but I ended up smoking a belt doing so. I like my trail sled but I want to give it some flotation so I can actually stay in the Pow when I come across it. I'm a big guy and throwing the sled around from left to right isn't really a problem for me.

The Problem.
I have, an RX-1 with an M-20 121", which is a problem because fast has only tested to 136. They indicated that if I went past 136 I may experience some slack in the track.

The Solution
Go to a 136 and get a 16" wide track, and 1.6 lugs just for good measure.

Outcome
According to what I've calculated a 15x144 inch track would have about 1080 Square Inches for surface area, vs a 136, 137x16/2 = 1088 Square Inches.

Is it worth it do do the conversion and keep the M-20 for my mostly trail riding, or should I look at an AC conversion or M10?

Back