• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front GTYR clickers rebuild

rock doc

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder XTX SE. Previous 2011 Nytro xtx, 2016 Apex GT, 1998 Polaris Indy 600 xlt
Just wonder what the recommended rebuild interval is on the front 40mm GYTR dual clicker gas shocks on the xtx. Mine seem to be working ok and I have never touched them. Approx 7500 miles on the sled. Sending the rear and centre (already rebuilt once) out to Star for rebuilding - considering sending the front shocks too. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hey bud...been a while.

I sent all 4 to Star. On their way back now. I'd suggest you send all 4 to Robert. No doubt your fronts need them done w 7500 on them anyway. For the little bit extra, youd have a good base line and he'll set them up ready to bolt back on. They were super to deal with and answered all my questions. Getting the linkage kit too.

Yes - Robert is excellent. I did the star suspension kit and center shock 2 years ago. That and the oft relocate were the best upgrades. Oddly enough I have an ongoing issue where the torsion springs pop out of the guide on the rails if I bottom out. Sled had done that since I bought it used with less than 3000 miles on it.

BTW- I thought you sold your Nytro!? We should get out sometime....unfortunately I just have the cobra 1.35" track so I'm limited in the amount of off trail I can do.

I had mine rebuilt two winters ago with around 3,000 miles on them. I did knotice a difference afterwards. i had the top plastic
Adjuster on the resivour break off so I did them both at the same time then as one wasn't recommended.

You got my pm's about Gaspe, eh? Gonna be a time...

No never sold her...I think that may have around the time I was thinking about a Viper.

I just had mine on my 09 cleaned and refilled first time in 17000k. (about 11000 miles) My rear one split open a couple years ago when we rented a cabin and it slept outside. Hit a small jump a couple hundred yards on the trail in -25c Likely had some moisture in it. I replaced it with a used one. My 2010 has only 1800 k on it and the rear shock was low on gas. I think it sat too much, and seals leaked a bit. considering the low kilos on it. The guy who serviced them claims if the seals are shot the shocks will be covered in goop.

Back