• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front Oilite Bushing Install

o's srx

Lifetime Member
I was about to put a new set in when I notice in the instruction page I got says to:
Install the engine side bushings with the flange of the bushing on the a-arm side of the bulkhead.
This is opposite to how the old ones came out.
Which way is correct, as I'm unsure if there would be enought room with the extra width of the flange of the bushing to allow the a-arm slide in.
The picture shows how the orignals were installed, but the words say differently

Attachments

• IMG_20220719_113006~2.jpg
    IMG_20220719_113006~2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 113

Interesting. I have always installed them as they came out. I have never used the Yamaha kit though.

I can see as the wear/pressure would be pushing the a-arm back, but the bushing on the a-arm has a flange as well. But does the 2 Oilite flanges and the plastic washer all fit in there?
It'd be almost impossible to knock them out from the backside with the motor still installed if they didn't have enough room

I just tried with the flange to the a-arm on the rear bulkhead hole and with both plastic washers it's almost too tight for my liking as the one plastic washer had to deform to get lined up. Just knocked it out and installing as per OEM parts diagram

The flanges go outward, just like the drawing.

They want you to orient the the bushings that way to take out the front to rear slop the stock set up has. It may feel a little snug on install, but a few miles down the trail it will be worn in just fine and working the way they intended. I’ve installed every bushing kit I’ve done this way.

If I can remember when I installed my ULMER bushings, we weren't supposed put the plastic washers in.
The Oilite flange was to make up for the slop, but you could not have BOTH flanges on inside.
This was done on purpose

Back