• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front plastic removal

kschitoskey

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
07 Phazer
94 Polaris 440
Rookie question - how do you remove the plastic cover that goes behind the front suspension a-arms? Do I have to pull the upper a-arms?

I'm trying to adjust the steering after installing a steering post relocating kit, trying to access a pesky jam nut.

Thanks!

Go in though the rubber boot! There's a plastic push rivet you can remove on the boot and you will have room to get at the jam nut on the tie rod.

If you remove the belly pan skid plate the inner tie rod ends are easily accessible from the underside.

Once you remove all the hard plastic with the quick releases the rubber panels quickly slide down (see pic) just be careful the weight of the rubber panels which are actually two parts stress the one non-removable rivet into the chassis. My right one pulled out during my was in the pic so I have to re-install a new one...

160700s.jpg

Back