• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front shock removal

GRIZZSTER

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
What tools are you guys using to remove the top shock bolts. I can't seem to find anything that fits in there properly. I have an 11 SE. Thanks

14mm wrench and 14mm short socket with a swivel, extension with a ratchet

i use a 14 mm ratchet wrench with a flex able end and a normal 14 mm wrench.

Are you using the wrench inside the front hood?
I think the last time I removed & reinstalled mine i used a 3/8 drive pass thru ratchet with a shallow socket which with the pass thru ratchet makes it an extra shallow socket& is great for tight clearance areas,as for under the hood yes I don’t know of any other way to get to the bolts & nuts

I think the last time I removed & reinstalled mine i used a 3/8 drive pass thru ratchet with a shallow socket which with the pass thru ratchet makes it an extra shallow socket& is great for tight clearance areas,as for under the hood yes I don’t know of any other way to get to the bolts & nuts
Thank you I will give that a try

no, i use another 14 mm wrench as i have multiple sets in my tool box from modding wrenches to work in specific spots.

Back