• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front skid shock mount rubbing

Jd2859

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 sidewinder LTX GT
ok guys I have a 2020 ltx se 600 miles on the sled changed the front spring to help get some weight off the skis and now im noticing the drive lugs are rubbing on the aluminum sleeves I have taken it all apart lower shaft is not bent and the bolt holes are not egged shape and slides are new I have talked to numerous people about this but im trying to get some more ideas what's going on before I take it to the dealer just to have them tell me they can't figure it out

Attachments

• IMG_6034.HEIC.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 96

I couldn’t really see in picture but there is a curved bracket that attaches to cross shaft and shock. Many people install in the wrong orientation and it causes the problem you have.

I couldn’t really see in picture but there is a curved bracket that attaches to cross shaft and shock. Many people install in the wrong orientation and it causes the problem you have.
only thing I did was take top bolt out when installing it any chance you have a picture of what your talking about?

Are you sure its not just normal wear? The nubs will polish the sleeves above them just from snirt. If its a vibration or actually hitting either shaft is bent or holes in rails are egged out. That long bolt stretches and is a bad design. Its bit me too.

Are you sure its not just normal wear? The nubs will polish the sleeves above them just from snirt. If its a vibration or actually hitting either shaft is bent or holes in rails are egged out. That long bolt stretches and is a bad design. Its bit me too.
Nothing is bent or egged out I have everything apart right now never noticed it till I put spring on if it’s normal for drive lugs to hit them sleeves I won’t worry so much but I just find it odd that it’s rubbing

Here we go:
Your good. Normal wear
1D00D6BC-AB72-468B-8B3C-1CC3F0FDF719.jpeg
78427A41-75CB-4CE5-AA63-841E75188FBA.jpeg

Make sure you use Loctite on that long bolt and torque. I recommend replacement with a Barn of parts shaft. Steel and two bolt.

Back