• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frozen Part?

SAB1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
2010 Vector GT
2006 Apex
Went to Pittsburg NH last weekend. Rode all day Friday in 25 degree weather and it was excellent. Saturday AM rode in -5 degree weather for 60 miles came home shut off machine ate lunch went back out after an hour and it wouldn't start. Just got a click sound from down under airbox. Pulled the airbox checked main fuse and all fuses in the panel by the handlebars and all fine. Battery is new. Day ended there for me. Wouldn't start Sunday either. Brought to mechanic today he turned the key and it started right away. Is it possible something was frozen somewhere?

Apparently everything is OK with starter relay. I guess there are other relays under the dash that are the possible culprit and there is an issue with the grease associated with them freezing up.

Are there three relays just above your right foot on this sled? I had a relay go bad on my 05 Vector and it did the same thing. Don't remember which one it was though.....sorry!

I have the same thing going on with my wife 09 vector. Last night i cut out and soldered all the ground blocks and after that the sled started the garage had warmed up considerably while i was doing it. Rode it around the house for 20 minutes and all good. Now i come home from work and nothing do these sleds have a common issue? is the starter relay bad? should i jump 12v and the starter wire to see if it cranks to tell me that relay is whats causing my problem?

Back