• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frozen primary roller.

XP123

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder XTX LE 137
I was checking out my sled today and noticed one of my primary rollers are froze. It won't move at all like its jammed or something. Anybody else have this happen? I figure when I bring it in for the secondary rollers they can fix this too. I wonder if it damaged the cam arm because it was running on a frozen roller? I wanted the Yamaha over the Cat because I always felt Yamaha clutching was the best. They sure did drop the ball with these clutches so far.

I was checking out my sled today and noticed one of my primary rollers are froze. It won't move at all like its jammed or something. Anybody else have this happen? I figure when I bring it in for the secondary rollers they can fix this too. I wonder if it damaged the cam arm because it was running on a frozen roller? I wanted the Yamaha over the Cat because I always felt Yamaha clutching was the best. They sure did drop the ball with these clutches so far.

Just went through this. The bushing inside the roller was not pressed in all of the way putting pressure on the two plastic washers and squeezing the roller frozen in place. Causes belt chatter at certain rmps and of course drags the clutch. Take roller out, tap bushing in and reinstall. Don't forget two washers.

Just went through this. The bushing inside the roller was not pressed in all of the way putting pressure on the two plastic washers and squeezing the roller frozen in place. Causes belt chatter at certain rmps and of course drags the clutch. Take roller out, tap bushing in and reinstall. Don't forget two washers.

Same here

I'm not doing anything with it. My riding season is over and I will be taking my SW to the dealer for all updates including secondary rollers and now I want all my primary rollers replaced along with whatever spring updates Yamaha comes up with. My primary spring is rubbing in a few spots and I'm sure it will break in the near future. I'm also wondering how long my roller was froze and if it damaged the ramp that was riding on it. I have an excellent dealer and I'm sure he will take care of what needs to be done. I wasn't expecting any clutching issues with this sled because Yamaha has such a great reputation with their clutches. Hopefully they will have it figured out by the time next season comes around.

I'm not doing anything with it. My riding season is over and I will be taking my SW to the dealer for all updates including secondary rollers and now I want all my primary rollers replaced along with whatever spring updates Yamaha comes up with. My primary spring is rubbing in a few spots and I'm sure it will break in the near future. I'm also wondering how long my roller was froze and if it damaged the ramp that was riding on it. I have an excellent dealer and I'm sure he will take care of what needs to be done. I wasn't expecting any clutching issues with this sled because Yamaha has such a great reputation with their clutches. Hopefully they will have it figured out by the time next season comes around.
I just got my new rollers under warranty. I had one roller with a slight flat spot. My primary spring is also scratched but my dealer said Yamaha doesn't have a replacement spring. He also told me all SW that came in for service had scratch marks and not to worry about it. 1600km stock belt, awesome sled !

Envoyé de mon SM-T705W en utilisant Tapatalk

Not that I have seen. I just put all new rollers in. Kind of a pia.

heard from a friend had one not turning removed it and bushing was pushed out..he pushed the bushing back in and reinstalled lasted a whole 10 miles then wouldn't turn again

Same as one of mine !!

I ended up getting a new roller and installed it.

Great! Something else to worry about on $$$$ expensive sleds.....
I doubt that the dealer that sold me both Sidewinders this fall did the updates on the new 17 Sidewinder clutch.
I would expect the update was done on the 18 spring order at the factory.
At least I hope it was........

Great! Something else to worry about on $$$$ expensive sleds.....
I doubt that the dealer that sold me both Sidewinders this fall did the updates on the new 17 Sidewinder clutch.
I would expect the update was done on the 18 spring order at the factory.
At least I hope it was........
It's really not a big deal. There were a few clutches that had problems. I still have the original rollers in my secondary because there's nothing wrong with them. I never even brought my sled to the dealer for warranty. They gave me a new roller and I changed it. I don't like anybody working on my sleds. I found my Sidewinder to be a very trouble free sled last year.

I replaced my primary rollers twice now. 2800 miles

Back