• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel issue

stranger

Country
USA
Snowmobile
03' RX1
Fuel is coming into both inlet hoses to pumps but only 1 hose has fuel coming out.
How strong should fuel be coming out?
It ran great the prior week but now it wont start.

Fuel is coming into both inlet hoses to pumps but only 1 hose has fuel coming out.
How strong should fuel be coming out?
It ran great the prior week but now it wont start.

They both should be pumping about the same. Are you sure that its just not a dirty carb? They have 2 pumps to be sure the machine always has fuels so one pump should allow it to run.

When I took both hoses off of the outlet side of the pumps only 1 Pump had fuel coming out Even after I switched hoses

Appreciate that, I have read that they rarely go bad but maybe I need to replace or rebuild both of them

The strange thing is, it ran the week before and it ran great....

Doesn't take much for something to crawl out of the tank and into someplace it doesn't belong. We bought a skidoo last year that had been sunk, the fuel pump was full flakes of crap that were floating around the tank. Flushed everything out, its run fine since.

I hear you I do, so perhaps I will take them apart and look if anything is inside And go from there

Back