• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel line shrink wrapped

max rolph

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
998 turbo
soo guys heres another for the books, if you look at your fuel line it is a flimzy shrink wrapped nylon formed tube on plastic quick disconnect with NO CLAMPS, look how close it is to the turbo and reservoir.....heat from header and turbo and engine and reservoir are RIGHT THERE and with these high volumme pumps and increased pressure... mine blew of at 85mph on a long quebec trail!!!, i have since replaced with 5/16 fuel injection high pressure hose and proper crimped injection clamps. and covered with 1100' reflective wire loom.... if you look at the design you will see what im talking about.!!! i had my pressure at 48lbs. After removing line, just to prove a point, i took the fuel line off and put in vise, and pulled the good end that was on the pump, i used maybe 10lbs of force while holding heat gun a foot away and the quick connect fitting pulled right off VERY EASY within 10 seconds!!!! i should have used a lazer to record temperature it reached before coming off. i would definatly at the least put a clamp on this line and cover with a aluminized heat resitant wore loom. .... or replace as i did as it was very simple and 100X better.

Last edited:

Gates Barricade fuel line 5/16 -- 225 PSI operating. Inline fuel filter.. Turboflash idea and has a post about it

1647447911492.png

soo guys heres another for the books, if you look at your fuel line it is a flimzy shrink wrapped nylon formed tube on plastic quick disconnect with NO CLAMPS, look how close it is to the turbo and reservoir.....heat from header and turbo and engine and reservoir are RIGHT THERE and with these high volumme pumps and increased pressure... mine blew of at 85mph on a long quebec trail!!!, i have since replaced with 5/16 fuel injection high pressure hose and proper crimped injection clamps. and covered with 1100' reflective wire loom.... if you look at the design you will see what im talking about.!!! i had my pressure at 48lbs. After removing line, just to prove a point, i took the fuel line off and put in vise, and pulled the good end that was on the pump, i used maybe 10lbs of force while holding heat gun a foot away and the quick connect fitting pulled right off VERY EASY within 10 seconds!!!! i should have used a lazer to record temperature it reached before coming off. i would definatly at the least put a clamp on this line and cover with a aluminized heat resitant wore loom. .... or replace as i did as it was very simple and 100X better.
Great call and this could save a life! No joke

I would have done AN fittings with braided hose.... i ordered the AN 5/16 fitting anodized black elbow and straight and it does not fit the fuel rail or pump outlet??? it must be some propriatory size, as i cannot find metric... its about 9mm

I would have done AN fittings with braided hose.... i ordered the AN 5/16 fitting anodized black elbow and straight and it does not fit the fuel rail or pump outlet??? it must be some propriatory size, as i cannot find metric... its about 9mm
You are correct. Whatever Yamaha/Cat are using there is not a standard size. I had to use the stock fitting on the fuel rail. I could not find any other fitting that would fit. I talked to Summit Racing, Jegs, Dorman, etc. Nothing fit except stock OEM fitting.

Back