• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel pump sock filter part number?

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I've searched with no luck and even had to call the local dealer who was no help either.Is there a part number for the filter that snaps onto the fuel pump itself? No parts diagrams I have looked at yet have it,only the Y section with the 2 end filters.Do you have to buy the whole pump to get a new filter?

precision efi has them.

Ordered 2 from precision as well. Yamaha wants to sell you the whole assembly.

I've searched with no luck and even had to call the local dealer who was no help either.Is there a part number for the filter that snaps onto the fuel pump itself? No parts diagrams I have looked at yet have it,only the Y section with the 2 end filters.Do you have to buy the whole pump to get a new filter?
Just put one of these on. Very nice fit

Last edited:
I got one from Precision last week.Haven't put it on yet.New plugs and flushing the gas tank seems to have straightened out the backfiring.I was hesitant to blame the gas as my sled was the only one out of 12 to experience any issues.When I pulled the sparkplugs out the PTO side one was damp and the combustion chamber had moisture in it.3 new ones and it's running like it should.

O'reilly one is nice, has a elbow feeding into it so the pickup doesnt have to fold over when you put it back into the banana sump

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 78
O'reilly one is nice, has a elbow feeding into it so the pickup doesnt have to fold over when you put it back into the banana sump
That is nice.
When I order Allballs kits for various machines they come with multiple socks.
I had an extra that was much bigger than stock and fit nice, but it wasn't in a bag and I have no idea how to get that exact version again....LOL

I got one from Precision last week.Haven't put it on yet.New plugs and flushing the gas tank seems to have straightened out the backfiring.I was hesitant to blame the gas as my sled was the only one out of 12 to experience any issues.When I pulled the sparkplugs out the PTO side one was damp and the combustion chamber had moisture in it.3 new ones and it's running like it should.
Where do you think the dirt/debris from gas tank went before you cleaned it? Since stock strainer is about 50 micron, anything smaller than that is now plugging up your injectors. Should get them ultrasonically cleaned and flowed.

Where do you think the dirt/debris from gas tank went before you cleaned it? Since stock strainer is about 50 micron, anything smaller than that is now plugging up your injectors. Should get them ultrasonically cleaned and flowed.
Is the injector filter removable?

I read some threads about that and will be looking for a place to do just that over the summer.

Back