• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Full Season Review of Camso Storm 150 Track on SideWinder's

I ran the Storm 150 and like it. It really moves loose snow in less than hard pack snow conditions and provides great bite on the trails. I think it slows top speed a bit but I don't care because I don't run many lakes. I ran 2 studs per bar and it was fine. I don't believe in over-studding tracks.
I am running a tune this year so I will see if it handles the extra power. Might need 2 more studs per bar.

I ripped many lugs off my storm 150 last season. I believe from the extra power with tune did this. I was running Max Spool 17 last season.
Did they do anything for you?

Not for my type riding.
Dan what type of riding?I'm putting this track on a 19 srx for the trails mostly and some powder burning maybe you don't get the snow we get here

I am guessing he means a lot of lake/ high speed riding.

Dan what type of riding?I'm putting this track on a 19 srx for the trails mostly and some powder burning maybe you don't get the snow we get here

He does tight and twisty hard packed trails most of the time from what he says on here....he doesn't need a 1.50 lug on those trails. A studded 1.25 Ripsaw is perfect for his terrain.

Did you have studs in it? That is great that they stood behind it. Is the new on holding up better?

Did you have studs in it? That is great that they stood behind it. Is the new on holding up better?

I had no studs on it. It took them 4 weeks to do investigation while my sled was in for service so I had them put my 3000km 1.25 ripsaw track back on. Dealer was pressuring me to get me sled out of the shop.

Anybody stud one of these yet? What stud/length?

I haven't yet, but I bought the Woody's Grand Master 1575 Series, which is 1.968" in overall stud length. I have the Ice Storm, which is single ply. I will ride first to test the ice storm before I decide to stud. Most likely will end up studding.

He does tight and twisty hard packed trails most of the time from what he says on here....he doesn't need a 1.50 lug on those trails. A studded 1.25 Ripsaw is perfect for his terrain.
I'd have to get some rear view mirrors so I could keep am eye him

1.95 INS hornets. 2 per bar in the middle only. May have to add more with the tune i bought

anybody have any issues with excessive slide wear? i went through a set of slides this weekend in 160 miles with this track, had dealer put a new set on and double check the track tension and could smell the slides while riding. we had to go through a short section of thin snow but most of it was great conditions curious if others have run into this and what you did to fix the problem

anybody have any issues with excessive slide wear? i went through a set of slides this weekend in 160 miles with this track, had dealer put a new set on and double check the track tension and could smell the slides while riding. we had to go through a short section of thin snow but most of it was great conditions curious if others have run into this and what you did to fix the problem

Where were you riding?

Back