• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuse and Relay Diagram

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
I advise printing this pic and either put it in fuse box cover or manual if you carry it with you. With this you do not have to remove hood to see and access the fuses. Bigger handed folks may have a issue but fuse box cover can be removed through sidepanel. You are working blind though. This will help find the one you need.

To me all the relays look to be sealed but definitely not solid state.
Fuses and Relays.jpg

Last edited:

Thank You for the pic. Printing now.

My relays froze againnnn, second time, dealer says no recall, and yamaha says i be the first ,, grrrrrr
really surprised, havent came accross any freezing relays in the last two years on Vipers...buy a lottery ticket :eek:) Are you sure its the relays ?

so it turns over but doesn't start ? have you swapped relays ?(used another one for the fuel pump)

My relays froze againnnn, second time, dealer says no recall, and yamaha says i be the first ,, grrrrrr

If it just cranks and cranks with out actually starting then i had this issue earlier this year also.
I started the sled, loaded it into the trailer. Dragged it a few hours to the trails. Went to unload it and it just cranked and cranked. No start.
I tried like 5 times. Just kept turning over. Never caught.
On the 6th time it started like nothing ever happened.
I was thinking probably a frozen relay and the repeated on off clicking eventually freed it up.

Okay and I am confirming. These are definitely NOT solid state relays. The click is dead give away. Solid state like the new red Yamaha one does not click since it has no moving parts. Sneak attack do you ride alot of powder? Get alot of steam? If so I would suggest reversing the fan polarity. Is a experiment some of us are trying and havent warm weather tested yet but you will not have your relays steamed with it reversed. I also dielectric greased the seal for fuse box. Helps seal and cover comes off much easier.

FYI taillight fuse is also accessory and dash.

Taillight,Accessory and dash I checked. I added both to the Pic. Thanks for pointing that out. That could definitely be one to pop if a helmet cord grounded especially. It does still run without dash lit up. Any other odd things guys?

Taillight,Accessory and dash I checked. I added both to the Pic. Thanks for pointing that out. That could definitely be one to pop if a helmet cord grounded especially. It does still run without dash lit up. Any other odd things guys?

I got a bit of snow in the 12v jack when plugging in my heated cord this weekend and it shorted out and blew fuse. I wasn't going to worry about it until I realized the dash was dead! Poor design if you ask me.

Figured just change fuse but could not get my hands in to pull them nor can you even see them. Had to pull hood just to getto fuse. No way I could do this on trail. Luckily we were just leaving camp.

After all this I am working on a relocate kit for for the fuse block to make them easily accessible! I do intend to offer these for sale once finished.

Back