• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fx Nytro ER-1 Fault

stuffum07

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Fx Nytro XTX
Has anybody ever experienced this. Does not happen all of the time. But when it does sled shuts down, display flashes er-1 fault and fuel pump is clicking. I tested fuel pump due to thinking it was issue because sled would turn over fine just no fire. So I do know when this happens. Sled is only putting out about half the required voltage to run everything electronically. I replaced drive axle bearings last year I know that's not it. Ive heard people say that drive shaft bearings would take out speedo unit.. it was fine last year. I just went through and replaced everything for peace of mind. I've went through the wire harness to check for shorts or rub through spots on cases or anything sharp on frame. Anybody have any suggestions or know how I would test the ecm or the display unit to see if they are faulty. I dont want to be broke down this year on side of trail. Even the speed sensor. I can ohm them or crank sensor just need to know what specs are. Or if anybody has any other suggestions. Please help.

have you cleaned the plug and fuses on the solenoid block? popular spot on every 4 stroke yamaha for corrosion and intermittant issues.

have you cleaned the plug and fuses on the solenoid block? popular spot on every 4 stroke yamaha for corrosion and intermittant issues.

Yes I have. I have replaced all my relays with new red solid state updated ones. I've went through about every connection on sled made sure There was no green oxidation and if There was I sanded and applied noox/ or dielectric grease. The spot you are referring to actually did have very little but I got it all take care of. And also checked all ground connections on block and frame. But this was all done last fall and this previous winter season is when this problem started intermittently happening. Any other hood suggestions??

to confirm, you did cut out and replace all the ground blocks in the harness as well?

to confirm, you did cut out and replace all the ground blocks in the harness as well?

No Negative. All the ones in the white plastic lil Junctions. I did go through them and did not see any that were burnt up or anything.. But what are people using to connect together After they cut out junction box?? Soderling all together and electrical tape??? or what's recommended??

No Negative. All the ones in the white plastic lil Junctions. I did go through them and did not see any that were burnt up or anything.. But what are people using to connect together After they cut out junction box?? Soderling all together and electrical tape??? or what's recommended??

Also have you personally seen issues with these going bad causing similiar issues. When I went through mine I was in debate whether I should go ahead and do it just to eliminate it, but I never did. Wasnt quite sure which route to go as for joining all of them.

lots of guys solder and tape or shrink tube them and a few have added a wire from these blocks to the engine or chassis to enhance the grounds.

seen a few guys chase weird issues and find these bad.

lots of guys solder and tape or shrink tube them and a few have added a wire from these blocks to the engine or chassis to enhance the grounds.

I'm going to go ahead and do that then. Thank you

Got another good question. There are many lil junction blocks in the harness. Some are lil black ones, others are clear or whitish with black cover on them. All are different color wires. Im betting some of these are only power wire junctions. Any idea which junctions are actually the ground wires or just the junction for ground wires only. I plan on running an extra wire as well that I will ground out to chassis for each ground block junction. I will eliminate them and solder together??

not sure of the location on a nitro. have seen the repair on a phazer.

i would only eliminate the ones that ohm'd to no/low resistance to ground. cannot be much help as never had a nitro to do this to.

Got another good question. There are many lil junction blocks in the harness. Some are lil black ones, others are clear or whitish with black cover on them. All are different color wires. Im betting some of these are only power wire junctions. Any idea which junctions are actually the ground wires or just the junction for ground wires only. I plan on running an extra wire as well that I will ground out to chassis for each ground block junction. I will eliminate them and solder together??
All of those blocks that connect the same colour wires throughout the harness should be inspected. Flip the top open and slide out what I call the 'finger, or hand connecter'. Clean it and make sure the female portion of the connector grips it firmly.
Maim already mentioned the main solenoid, but I would go back to it again. There is a yellow/red wire there. Make sure the female portion in that block is in good condition. That supplies the voltage to the fuel injection system.

Ended up getting it thanks to you guys. Was definitely a grounding issue. Only took care of one of them ground blocks so far. I am going to tear the sled down again and cut them all out and solder together. I cut the one out right above the secondary clutch. Actually. I tested with test light first. There is a power wire junction block right beside this ground block. I pulled the black cap off and tested with test light, Light was very dim, I just touched it to metal on chassis and had 12 volts to system. Fuel pump and everything fired right up. Test light was very bright. I ended up soldering these wires together and soldered another wire on to it and ran straight to the ground. I believe there are about 4 more of these in the harness. I am going to do the same for each. Also I will be applying no ox dielectric grease to all of the power wire junction ports. Will pull each finger out and verify no corrosion, will prolly even sand them just so I know there will be good connection. Thank you guys for your help. Very happy getting this problem taken care of. Nothing worse than being stranded on side of trail.

Glad you got it.

Ok, id like to revisit this since Ive been battling a crazy electrical gremlin myself! When you found the bad junction block, did it appear to be corroded? Or did it look good? Ive taken apart every block I can get too, and they all look great, but I cleaned them up and lathered them up with die-electric, and still having issues.

Back