• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Secondary ?

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
Guys when I sold my sled I removed the Belt removal tool. But, I just noticed in the bag for the tool, that I had a big thick washer. Where does this washer go and in what order do all the other shims go in on the shaft. I believe there are a couple against the jackshaft, then the helix/secondary, then 2 small thin ones and thick one (spacer), then the bolt. Correct?

The thick washer goes on the outside, closest to the bolt head. The others stack up to get the backlash within tolerance.

secondary

I just took my secondary apart. I had 1 washer between the secondary and the bearing in the bulk head. The rest were on the front of the clutch with the large washer being closest to the bolt head (Outside most position).

Kope

Not every sled is the same. It depends on chassis alignment, and motor placement. The only way to do it right is with an alignment tool. Tool allows you to check for parallel, offset, and center to center. You are talking about offset.

Back