• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX NYTRO SOMETIMES I JUST DONT GET IT

Fasttoys

Pro
So Ive been on this site day in and day out. sometimes I hear nagging and sometimes not.

I dont get it if you hate your FX Nytro get rid of it. If you find an upgrade to your problem FIX IT!!! :Rockon: Am i saying the new nytro is the best thing that ever happened NO!!! But remember guys that old 2stroker you were riding couple years back that made your back hurt the whole next week after you rode. Admit it suspensions and motors have become alot more dependable.

There are some people on this site that have more knowledge about sleds in there middle finger than i have in my whole body.

So admit it! you ride the most dependable sled out there.

I might get in trouble for this one but quit "BITCHING." Quit crying about what yamaha should give you for free cause you think its gonna be a problem. nobody ever rides for free in this world and the minute you think you are gettin something for free your not you are gettin....... :Rockon:

With ya on that one, maybe bring out the boat too. Now there is a hobby wuith some serious money going in a hole in the water, but I love it!!!! Gotta ski to live!!!

To me, I don't mind reading and contributing to the "bitching". I look at it more as constructive criticism. If yammy doesn't get feedback on their product, we wouldn't get updates. ie - 10 changes to '09 frontends. Without feedback from their test riders, things wouldn't be improved upon and we would still be riding sleds with undesirable characteristics.
While some may be a little over the top with their complaining, some like to work on solutions or ways to correct our problems.

I've logged over 5000 kms on my 08 and it has gone from crap to awesome and back to so-so again. Like many, I'm frustrated. But, without this site, I truely would've sold this sled long ago. Now, I'm hopeful I can get it back to how it was performing 1 month ago - which was AWESOME.

ALL '09 nytro owners can thank the people on this site, test riders everywhere, and sno x racers for their updated "indy like" front ends.

Take it for what its worth, if the sled is everything you dreamed it would be, then great, unfortunately some of us are more picky or demanding than the average joe, that's why we buy YAMAHA'S!!!

everyone knew that there would be changes and all things considered the 08 fx nytro was a very good first year sled the 09 will be that much better.

Fasttoys said:
So Ive been on this site day in and day out. sometimes I hear nagging and sometimes not.

I dont get it if you hate your FX Nytro get rid of it. If you find an upgrade to your problem FIX IT!!! :Rockon: Am i saying the new nytro is the best thing that ever happened NO!!! But
remember guys that old 2stroker you were riding couple years back
that made your back hurt the whole next week after you rode. Admit it suspensions and motors have become alot more dependable.

There are some people on this site that have more knowledge about sleds in there middle finger than i have in my whole body.

I might get in trouble for this one but quit "BITCHING." Quit crying about what yamaha should give you for free cause you think its gonna be a problem. nobody ever rides for free in this world and the minute you think you are gettin something for free your not you are gettin....... :Rockon:
Yes I do and although my back doesnt hurt anymore, several of my old sleds would run circles around this chassis.

^^^ i agree my viper would smoke this thing maybe thats about the only thing i was disappointed with this sled. just no top end. i most ive seen on the vipers dream meter was 115, on the fx nytro is 89 but i also have a 136 track and ride in higher elevations. but even with a 121 nytro the most ive heard is 96 mph stock

I can see both sides...

Ok, so you don't get why people complain, and not get rid of it.

Think of it this way. How much money do we have into this? If you put out the kind of money we do for new sleds, and you do it because you want a NEW, STOCK sled that has warranty and is trouble free, then that's what you want, TROUBLE FREE.... That's why we don't go around and buy a used sled. when we buy them, we expect them to work properly, and not beeing a pain in the but...

That beeing said, I, personally, LOVE my Nytro. Except for front bushings, I've had no problems... But, I'm not just a gas-and-go type, so for me...No problems if I have to do some adjustments...But, I see people that just like to ride their new sled and not think about it...I can see why they complain....

fast toys if you didnt change gears your going faster than what the speedo says. its like putting bigger tires on a car. speedo say 55 your going 65

08 FX Nytro lover said:
Fasttoys said:

I dont get it if you hate your FX Nytro get rid of it. If you find an upgrade to your problem FIX IT!!! :Rockon: Am i saying the new nytro is the best thing that ever happened NO!!! But
remember guys that old 2stroker you were riding couple years back
that made your back hurt the whole next week after you rode. Admit it suspensions and motors have become alot more dependable.

Yes I do and although my back doesnt hurt anymore, several of my old sleds would run circles around this chassis.

New ski's and setup... Mine corners very well. I doubt I could run circles around myself with say a Viper. In fact I wouldn't bought a viper I would have had a Polaris during those years.

rattler said:
fast toys if you didnt change gears your going faster than what the speedo says. its like putting bigger tires on a car. speedo say 55 your going 65

yeah i know i wasnt worried about that i was just comparing the top end speeds

Chain case gearing would have absolutely no effect on the speedo. The sensor is on the front drive shaft.

But, this does bring up a good question. I went down a driver on my drive shaft. My speedo is now off by about 15%. Anyway to change this on a phazer??????

it wouldnt have a direct affect but if you changed gearing it would affect how fast you are able to go by having more or less rpms to play ( how fast you get to rev limiter)

Anyone who is bitching about their Nytro have no one to blame but theirselves. Your the one that ran out and bought a first year model without trying one out. I even jumped ship from another brand, and I love mine. Sure my F7 handled better in some ways, but it wasn't faster and it's a 2 stroke. Not to mention the quaility of Arctic Cat really sucked, PERIOD!!!

Back