• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GAP Flasher Tune Jukebox feature, 2017-11-06

GAP Innovation

TY Advertiser
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
ZR 9000 RR, Sidewinder
GAP Flasher Tune Jukebox feature, 2017-11-06,

Hi Everyone

The following is the first announcement of a series that will be posted in the weeks to come.

Please note that in the following, the GAP Flasher name will be used since this is the name of the hardware and App used by our affiliated Tuner. In other words, TD Flasher and Hurricane/Turbor Flasher.

This new addition, called Tune Jukebox, involves tuning and will be optional for GAP Flasher units. Proof of concept was done last winter and tuner involvement for tune compatibility started this summer for all affiliated tuners, Hurricane/Turbor Performance and Turbo Dynamics.

The following video demonstrates how it works:

First Tune Jukebox item, Tune Switching with a twist
The map switch was very popular on the 1100 Turbo to fulfill the need for different tunes depending on conditions or instant requirements. It was therefore natural to implement such a feature on the new 998 Turbo but with a twist.

An optional push button is installed on the handlebars and will be used for Tune Switching and other applications to be revealed in time. The tune Jukebox roller can also be prompt on the mobile device screen.

The tune covers showing the intended fuel and power level used in this demonstration will be adjusted as per each tuner specifications with their own tune name, custom graphics and their respective values.

Upon selecting, the tune change will be immediate and can, of course, be done with the engine running. No other manipulation required.

Tune switching will be available using a GAP Flasher not connected to an iPad or Phone. In which case, the info will be displayed on the original instrument cluster when pressing on the button.

Second Tune Jukebox item, Fine-Tuning
In order to provide greater flexibility in regards to fuel quality, specific machine modifications and environmental conditions, we have implemented a feature called Fine-Tuning.

When embedded by the tuner on a specific tune, the user will be able to adjust parameters (for example max Boost and Fuelling) within a defined interval. Each tune will have the capability to be Fine-Tuned independently and changes will, of course, be immediately applied and saved.

The expected release date of the Jukebox is December 2017.

Hope you liked this little capsule. As usual, questions and comments are welcomed.

Best Regards

Sweeeeeeet!!!!

Now we're talking, just like my truck. Hit sport switch and boost on...

This really eliminates the need for multiple tunes IMHO. I was debating a tune vs. the Link standalone as I like to make minor adjustments. The ability to add a bit of fuel or lower the boost a little is what we need. My only potential issue is the cost of all this. The flasher, AFR, tune, 2 Step, etc is almost the cost of a full standalone with 100% adjustability. Plus if more of us go that route we can email tunes to each other. How cool would that be. Lots of options, don’t buy early!

This really eliminates the need for multiple tunes IMHO. I was debating a tune vs. the Link standalone as I like to make minor adjustments. The ability to add a bit of fuel or lower the boost a little is what we need. My only potential issue is the cost of all this. The flasher, AFR, tune, 2 Step, etc is almost the cost of a full standalone with 100% adjustability. Plus if more of us go that route we can email tunes to each other. How cool would that be. Lots of options, don’t buy early!
The tuners will all offer updates, its going to just keep getting better and better.

There are no limits to the technology being developed for the sidewinder.this gap flasher development makes it easy to implement the hurricane flash bundles.this is why we have made our policy to include the multiple flash bundle for the same price as one flash with the purchase of the flash communicator we are on the verge of releasing a host of new options over the next couple of weeks

There are no limits to the technology being developed for the sidewinder.this gap flasher development makes it easy to implement the hurricane flash bundles.this is why we have made our policy to include the multiple flash bundle for the same price as one flash with the purchase of the flash communicator we are on the verge of releasing a host of new options over the next couple of weeks
Magic to my ears David!

:Rockon:

It's pretty clear that with both Hurricane and TD using GAP that they will both offer the same options with the differences being the tunes themselves. Pretty safe to say I think.

It's pretty clear that with both Hurricane and TD using GAP that they will both offer the same options with the differences being the tunes themselves. Pretty safe to say I think.

Yep you are correct.

Agree with ya bud.....

I like what GAP brings to everything, and then the tunes are each to the tuners own...Super impressive.

Hope we can make this work on our iPhones thru bluetooth. I don't want to move the gauge or have an iPad on the machine at all.

Back